Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

habeshama

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I truely want to become a dentist I have job shadowed many dentists and I LOVE the career.:):):)....One thing is that I just suck in general chemistry. I just took a test and got a 70%!!:(:( the average was a 68%....I
I want to know how if your chemistry test average in the class is around 60%?
I also want to know how much chemistry do dental schools teach?
THANKS
:confused::confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think an average in the high 60's is pretty normal. Sometimes my professors would bump it up at the end so the average was in the low-mid 70s. But I don't think you're getting screwed over or anything. That's just how college is.

I think an average in the high 60's is pretty normal. Sometimes my professors would bump it up at the end so the average was in the low-mid 70s. But I don't think you're getting screwed over or anything. That's just how college is.

What is that in your avatar? Some type of pokemon?

Anyways, to the OP: there shouldn't be that much GC in dental school. There will be biochemistry, but it's pretty different stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the cheat!

I truely want to become a dentist I have job shadowed many dentists and I LOVE the career.:):):)....One thing is that I just suck in general chemistry. I just took a test and got a 70%!!:(:( the average was a 68%....I
I want to know how if your chemistry test average in the class is around 60%?
I also want to know how much chemistry do dental schools teach?
THANKS
:confused::confused::confused:

A lot of people struggle in gen chem. A lot of people retake gen chem. It's not the end of the world if you struggle. Try to find some help from your prof, TA or a tutor and you should be find.

Chemistry tests are notorious for being overly difficult. The questions are rarely asked from the perspective taught in class, and they tend to challenge the thinking. You must grasp the concepts and not try to memorize your way through. Do lots of practice problems from workbooks to get a grasp of the ways they try to challenge you. Buy some standardized exams or problem sets to practice on.

I feel so old and outdated all of a sudden.

lol, it's okay jigabodo.

To op, I always rocked anything chemistry related and my method has been doing problems over and over again. For each test I do the all the problems possible at least 3 times after I study.

Last edited: