Chest 2016 registration cost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gte770m

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was trying to register today, and the cost of registration was $700!!! I previously presented at ASH last year and it wasn't half that amount for registration. Is this how expensive it has been in the past?

My program reimburses up to $1000 per conference and we have $300 per year for any academic expenses, but after plane and hotel and food, i am pretty certain I'm going to run over $1300, and I hate having to spend much money on this w/ upcoming interviews.

I might just register for one day that I am scheduled to present...

Members don't see this ad.

Are you still a fellow?
If so then it should be 300 dollars yearly subscription for the conf is less than that.
They may not have you registered as a fellow and you may need to call them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

First congrats on being selected to present

Don't recall if it was this expensive but meetings in general are expensive for "physicians" and the costs are around this range

If you are a fellow, resident, or student - you may be eligible for the "clinician-in-training" rate ($325-$620 depending on membership). It also makes sense to sign up for just 1 day, esp if all you are doing is presenting. Try to take advantage and meet fellows and program directors/faculty members while you are there (posters and oral presentations are good opportunities to meet fellows/faculty/PDs)

http://chestmeeting.chestnet.org/Registration

If you sign up for basic membership ($295) with Chest, there is a $200 discount for being a fellow/resident/student - that can save you some money when registering for Chest 2016.
http://www.chestnet.org/Get-Involved/Membership/Join

HOWEVER, do this before August 31 for the early bird discount.

If I recall, back when I was a fellow, in order to get the in-training discount, my PD had to send a letter to Chest to verify that I was in-training.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you still a fellow?
If so then it should be 300 dollars yearly subscription for the conf is less than that.
They may not have you registered as a fellow and you may need to call them.

I am an IM resident, actually. Interviews I was referring to are fellowship interviews coming up shortly. Thanks for the response, though.

I was trying to register today, and the cost of registration was $700!!! I previously presented at ASH last year and it wasn't half that amount for registration. Is this how expensive it has been in the past?

My program reimburses up to $1000 per conference and we have $300 per year for any academic expenses, but after plane and hotel and food, i am pretty certain I'm going to run over $1300, and I hate having to spend much money on this w/ upcoming interviews.

I might just register for one day that I am scheduled to present...
If you're a resident, register as a member of Chest (~$100) which makes you eligible for the $325 registration fee.

I am an IM resident, actually. Interviews I was referring to are fellowship interviews coming up shortly. Thanks for the response, though.

You qualify for in training fee as they explained above.
Best of luck and congrats!