• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

CHEST 2020

Jul 11, 2019
  1. Attending Physician
Hi everyone! For anyone who had an abstract accepted to CHEST virtual congress this year, how are you listing this in ERAS? The original email says it will be "published in a supplement to the CHEST® journal and official congress publications of the CHEST Congress 2020." but it didnt say when. Any ideas?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
  1. Attending Physician
Hi everyone! For anyone who had an abstract accepted to CHEST virtual congress this year, how are you listing this in ERAS? The original email says it will be "published in a supplement to the CHEST® journal and official congress publications of the CHEST Congress 2020." but it didnt say when. Any ideas?
You list it as a presentation (poster or platform, even if virtual). It is not a publication.

I've never submitted to CHEST, but I've submitted abstracts to other meetings (AACR, ASCO, DDW) and even in cases where the abstract was subsequently withdrawn or not presented, the abstract goes in the book.

lessismore123

Apr 19, 2020
You list it as a presentation (poster or platform, even if virtual). It is not a publication.

I've never submitted to CHEST, but I've submitted abstracts to other meetings (AACR, ASCO, DDW) and even in cases where the abstract was subsequently withdrawn or not presented, the abstract goes in the book.

If you had the same abstract accepted to a conference then accepted as a manuscript for publication, do you list it in both presentation and publication?

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.