Chicago Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katiesb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help in narrowing down my upcoming interviews. I'm an osteopathic student and after a mild freak-out I applied to too many programs and now have too many interviews. Right now I have four Chicago interviews scheduled that I would attend in one trip (a long flight from California). I'm trying to decide whether I should attend them all or narrow them down but I'm having trouble getting a sense of the programs from their websites alone. Any opinions on the following programs would be greatly appreciated! I'm especially interested in info about location, inpatient rotation quality, resident quality, and special focuses for the program.

Presence Resurrection
Advocate Illinois/Masonic
St. Joseph
Loyola / Cook-County

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Resurrection- No.
Masonic- Top family medicine in Chicago. Very well rounded. Dual accredited.
St. Joe's- Nice people. Weak program. Nice area.
Cook County- No.

Resurrection - Not bad.
Masonic - Very strong program. Very well rounded. Great overall experiences at the hospital. Great sports medicine experience. Great hospital.
St Joe's - Great location. Residents are very nice. Outpatient heavy (as in some of the most clinic hours compared to any other program in the city. even if you're on external rotations). Rocky pediatrics. 24/7 home pager call.
Cook County - dont know much about this program, but haven't heard great things.