University of Chicago North Shore FM program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibarne242

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any insights regarding U of C North Shore's FM program? I interviewed there and I liked it a lot, but somewhat oddly, the hospital was not showcased on interview day, just the clinic. However, I vaguely remember there being slightly more emphasis on outpatient care in this program as compared to some other ones, not that that matters too much.
The people seemed cool; people seemed to be decently transparent about work-life balance and they said it was good. Night float system supposedly is in place to reduce (or eliminate?) 24 hour calls. I just still don't feel like I have a super good understanding of the program's dynamics and I don't know if I have the time to do a second look. If anyone can offer some insight that would help.

Some things important to me include work-life balance, non-competitive atmosphere, good camaraderie, good attending-resident vibe. I know some of these things are *almost* guaranteed to be there in a FM program, but still. If anyone has anything to add please advise. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.