Chicago shooting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VictorOfHungerGames

May the odds be ever in your favor
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was actually just thinking, surprised no one has posted about this yet.

RIP, really sad that someone so young and had a bright life ahead of her had to be taken so soon.

Reactions: 1 users
That's super ridiculous, just stepping off an elevator and you get shot randomly. No time to react :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I worry about patients who are having to taper opioids going to this level of anger and retaliation.

Reactions: 2 users
The only time I was ever frightened while working as a pharmacist was when a recently-fired technician sent her scummy boyfriend in; he said he needed to pick up some paperwork but I wasn't so sure, and went to the back room until he left, as did several other people. As it turned out, all he did was indeed pick up that paperwork, but I didn't trust him.

RIP Dayna, Dr. Tamara, and the police officer.

I worry about patients who are having to taper opioids going to this level of anger and retaliation.

It's happened. There was an infamous story a few years ago about a guy who robbed a pharmacy, only wanting drugs, which they gave him. He proceeded to swallow a handful of alprazolam and was passed out by the time the police arrived.

And it's nothing new. This unsolved murder happened in my region, and I never knew about it until I read about it on a cold case website. The building is still there; it's been divided up into apartments and is in a deteriorating neighborhood.

Lucile Lenore Bacher | Iowa Cold Cases

That's actually about the biggest waste of human life possible. You spend 25 years of life training to become a productive, respected member of society and then you are murdered a few months before you can embark on your career.

Reactions: 7 users
That's actually about the biggest waste of human life possible. You spend 25 years of life training to become a productive, respected member of society and then you are murdered a few months before you can embark on your career.
Very sad when you think about it this way

Very sad and scary. I did one of my rotations at that hospital...crazy to think about.

No worries, doesnt matter how successful we are in the end, the world will end anyway. Doesnt matter if you die alone or have a big family. They will all die soon enough. As we contaminate the land and seas, we can all agree as far as we know we are trapped here, you and I with no way to leave. Even if we did leave it would be short lived. There is no purpose. Many young adults with their lives ahead of them die every day and we only care about the ones we know. Suffering is infinite and happiness is fleeting and can always be drowned out by being cognizant of the terrible suffering occurring every second of every day.

Edit: I'm joking fyi
Good one......?

No worries, doesnt matter how successful we are in the end, the world will end anyway. Doesnt matter if you die alone or have a big family. They will all die soon enough. As we contaminate the land and seas, we can all agree as far as we know we are trapped here, you and I with no way to leave. Even if we did leave it would be short lived. There is no purpose. Many young adults with their lives ahead of them die every day and we only care about the ones we know. Suffering is infinite and happiness is fleeting and can always be drowned out by being cognizant of the terrible suffering occurring every second of every day.

I don't know why you are joking. This is an inherent truth of our existence. Coming to grips with the existential dread caused by a meaningless and seemingly harsh, random world is a pretty universal experience. And accepting this is something a lot of people can't handle.

I made this thread thinking we can come together to think about the passing of a fellow pharmacist in a very tragic way and send our hearts to her family. Lets be respectful. Even though we may never meet in person, we were all at some point in our lives thinking of the same thing, to become a great pharmacist.

I made this thread thinking we can come together to think about the passing of a fellow pharmacist in a very tragic way and send our hearts to her family. Lets be respectful. Even though we may never meet in person, we were all at some point in our lives thinking of the same thing, to become a great pharmacist.

Who is being disrespectful?

I don't know why you are joking. This is an inherent truth of our existence. Coming to grips with the existential dread caused by a meaningless and seemingly harsh, random world is a pretty universal experience. And accepting this is something a lot of people can't handle.
Yeah whenever I see senseless and random violence like this that snuffs out random souls, it gives me a deep sense of existential dred. So it goes.

This is one of the most disrespectful threads I've ever seen on this forum. Good god what is wrong with you guys?

This is one of the most disrespectful threads I've ever seen on this forum. Good god what is wrong with you guys?
Disrespectful of whom?

Honestly, none of us (presumably) knew this person, and I don't think that they or their family give a crap about SDN.

I can bring a step-ladder if you need help off of your high horse.

Disrespectful of whom?

Honestly, none of us (presumably) knew this person, and I don't think that they or their family give a crap about SDN.

I can bring a step-ladder if you need help off of your high horse.

I think he might have been joking. If not, the post still reads better if you assume he was.

It’s a tragic lose of life. I don’t see anything disrespect at all about bringing up and discussing it here. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think he might have been joking. If not, the post still reads better if you assume he was.

It’s a tragic lose of life. I don’t see anything disrespect at all about bringing up and discussing it here. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
giphy.gif