Chicago State Professor indicted for embezzling funds from pharmacy student group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KARM12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Stole over 650K from SNPhA.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Looks like she was high up within SNPhA as the National Executive Director, not just involved on campus.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it sad that I can't say I am surprised at anything that happens at Chicago State anymore?

Reactions: 1 users
Chicago State is the revolving door of craziness.

Reactions: 2 users
The corruption that exists in our society is so vastly pervasive that I have lost almost all faith in our system.

What the hell kind of world are we living in? It almost feels like - the joke is on you if you have lived ethically and cherished values such as honesty/integrity.

Lock her up!

I believe something like this happened in Phi Delta Chi about 20-30 years ago but it wasn't over half a million dollars. Greedy lady!

The corruption that exists in our society is so vastly pervasive that I have lost almost all faith in our system.

What the hell kind of world are we living in? It almost feels like - the joke is on you if you have lived ethically and cherished values such as honesty/integrity.

People that don’t know, accept and further expect that people will exploit any system, rule, incentive for their personal selfish reasons are the losers.

Are there a lot of good people out there? Absolutely. Can a small amount of people ruin a good thing? Absolutely. Can those “bad” or “not wholesome” get more savvy/bolder/riskier as time goes on and the population gets bigger? Duh.

Whenever building/reviewing/deciding on a new law/program/system/process etc. don’t overlook explicit rules to reduce the chance of and then further articulate the consequences of explicit rules being broken. Also consider how easy and likely it is for it to be exploited, meaning someone can run the program in a way not explicitly designed against and yield an outcome that goes against the spirit or intended result. Most often people overlook the holes and equally important place way to much trust in how low people will go and how many low people there are.

Remove faith in people as an unknown in your mental model of things. Make an assumption about how likely it is you could get scammed, how much a scam would hurt, etc.

Im willing to guess in other groups and other professional schools there has been similar things.

My staff embezzled over 10 k from me. She had to pay it back and now has a felony on her record. She may have embezzled more but that is all I was able to prove

• Wow
  • Care