Chicago State University c/o 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

do you guys mind sharing your stats as I plan on applying to that school next cycle. thank you in advance.

Congrats Ruchi! By chance did you already have your I'll pharm tech license in before you got accepted? I've been on waitlist and really scrambeled to get all of my items in, which now they are, just worried bout the lack of time left til marticulation. Also, when did you interview?

Thank you :) I don't have pharmacy tech license. I was really worried too because i wasn't being pulled off too but just hang in there i'm sure you'll get in. i had interview in March and got accepted yesterday. It was totally a long process and i was frustrated by it too but i guess you just have to wait if you have submitted everything they need.

BTW what's your name?

Last edited:
Accepted, but declining my seat, good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats Ruchi. I also got accepted on Monday!!
Are you guys finalized to attend this school or Have ya'll been accepted to any other schools?

Congrats Ruchi. I also got accepted on Monday!!
Are you guys finalized to attend this school or Have ya'll been accepted to any other schools?

Thank you! I've finalized to attend Chicago State. I've submitted deposit and the signed forms already. Did you finalize? If yes, did you fill out any application to obtain a pharmacy tech license for the state of Illinois?
I'm not sure how to register if you can tell me that would be helpful.
BTW congrats to you too :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's an extremely long process. I wish I would be able to know since this plays an extremely crucial role, I am in the process of trying to plan my wedding, continue classes (if not accepted) and would have to MOVE to the Midwest as I live in the Westcoast. Hopefully I'll receive good news soon.

Hope you can get your acceptance letter soon in the email. Congrats for your wedding!! Let me know whenever you get accepted!!!

Hear from you very soon!

Just got my acceptance email today!! Time to leave this beautiful Long Beach, CA weather for some snow lol

That's awesome! Congrats...I lived in cali for 4 yrs and i miss it very much; however this side is not that bad. it's going to be new experience. Have you decided for housing for to live in chicago?

I'm new to sdn. I interviewed on 3/22 and received my acceptance email on 4/2. ongrats everyone!
I'm also a native Chicagoan, so I can help answer any housing questions.
/suggestions.

hey! so, whats a safe area to live in chicago near by school according to ur knowledge?

That's awesome! Congrats...I lived in cali for 4 yrs and i miss it very much; however this side is not that bad. it's going to be new experience. Have you decided for housing for to live in chicago?

Im still looking for an apt...I found a few however, Im hesitant because of the area..How about yourself

Im still looking for an apt...I found a few however, Im hesitant because of the area..How about yourself

Hey guys! First off, congratulations to all who have been accepted and are moving to Chicago!

I went to CSU for my undergrad and am now going into my p1 year near home.

I moved to Chicago 3 years and and I have to say it was the greatest experience of my life.

As for Chicago, its not bad once you get used to it. I lived downtown and the drive is only 15 min to school and back. Never any traffic because your leaving downtown in the morning and coming back later in the day. This is for those who want to truly experience Chicago!

You'll learn to love this place and become a true Chicagoan! Please feel free to message me for help with finding a place to live.

Hey guys! First off, congratulations to all who have been accepted and are moving to Chicago!

I went to CSU for my undergrad and am now going into my p1 year near home.

I moved to Chicago 3 years and and I have to say it was the greatest experience of my life.

As for Chicago, its not bad once you get used to it. I lived downtown and the drive is only 15 min to school and back. Never any traffic because your leaving downtown in the morning and coming back later in the day. This is for those who want to truly experience Chicago!

You'll learn to love this place and become a true Chicagoan! Please feel free to message me for help with finding a place to live.

Do you know any safe area to live in the city near school?

I'm thinking to live in south loop, but still not sure! How about you? Have you decided yet?

I'm thinking to live in south loop, but still not sure! How about you? Have you decided yet?

im looking into hyde park, drexel square, downtown and a few other areas....

Do you know any safe area to live in the city near school?

Downtown is pretty close to school in driving time. But mileage wise, u can live south of the school in Beverly it's pretty nice there. It's a police area. I lived in streeterville, than moved to south loop.

A very popular place is lake meadows or prairie shores.

I still highly recommend living in downtown though.

Hey everyone, so i currently am enrolled at moraine valley community college and im almost finished taking the pre-pharm courses. i have already obtained my associates this past spring (non-science related) but im really concerned about my chances of actually getting accepted into the pharm program coming from a community college. My grades, the first few semesters weren't something to be proud of. mostly B's and C's with a few dropped classes. But after deciding pharm is what i wanted to do, i have been getting straight A's so far. The only pre-pharm courses required that i do not have an A in is stuff like the communication classes (C's) and some of the other electives.

Current cumulative GPA: 3.036
Current science GPA: 4.0 (still have to take one organic chem course, one physics, and calc.)
Work History: random jobs like car dealership valet, tire shop, etc...But currently a low-end manager at a fitness center.

I have yet to take the PCAT, but is there any advice u guys have on how i can improve my chances? Or am i wasting my time on something unattainable?

Hey everyone, so i currently am enrolled at moraine valley community college and im almost finished taking the pre-pharm courses. i have already obtained my associates this past spring (non-science related) but im really concerned about my chances of actually getting accepted into the pharm program coming from a community college. My grades, the first few semesters weren't something to be proud of. mostly B's and C's with a few dropped classes. But after deciding pharm is what i wanted to do, i have been getting straight A's so far. The only pre-pharm courses required that i do not have an A in is stuff like the communication classes (C's) and some of the other electives.

Current cumulative GPA: 3.036
Current science GPA: 4.0 (still have to take one organic chem course, one physics, and calc.)
Work History: random jobs like car dealership valet, tire shop, etc...But currently a low-end manager at a fitness center.

I have yet to take the PCAT, but is there any advice u guys have on how i can improve my chances? Or am i wasting my time on something unattainable?

Get pharmacy experience and aim for 70 or above on pcat. Apply before November. Don't mess up on interview and you'll get in.