child neuro question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hcrunner82

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey i was hoping could give me a little info since i haven't been able to find out much about this...and i would like to have a better idea before i start heading out on interviews

i'm a current 4th year applying for peds neuro and was confused/wondering about the various "prelim" options out there. More specifically I was wondering what the option of "1 year of pediatrics and 1 year of basic neurosciences" entailed. Is that neuroscience year just a year of reasearch or is it doing a masters in neuroscience?

Thanks for any info.
 
I am interested in neurology for both adults and peds. I think its refeshing to have a diverse patient population. Is this possible? I thought most child neurologists do a general peds rotation and a neurology fellowship on top of that, however, a doc in my town see's both peds and adults so there must be some way. Thanks for your help!