Chiropody in Toronto

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fitfeet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently on my last year of university, and also interested in the area of chiropody. I'm just wondering how are the current job prospectives around Toronto, in terms of being a fresh graduate from the chiropody program. I know it takes a while to establish a private practice....

Thank you! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I'm currently on my last year of university, and also interested in the area of chiropody. I'm just wondering how are the current job prospectives around Toronto, in terms of being a fresh graduate from the chiropody program. I know it takes a while to establish a private practice....

Thank you! :love:

Why do chiropody when for an extra year and a residency you can be a podiatric physician capable of performing surgery -not just clipping toenails?

Chiropody is a dying profession. It is extremely old school, very limited in scope, and you can only practice in Ontario I believe. The job prospects are very low -along with the salaries.

If you speak French, there is a podiatry school in Montreal, or U of A is opening a podiatry school in 2012. The other options are the US, where there are 9 schools.