Medical Malpractice Litigation in Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DogSnoot

Reaction score
I’m a student and I’ve always had a strong interest in law pertaining to medicine. Anyone able to provide any advice and insight on how to get involved in cases ? I’d love to pick someone(s) brains who has been involved in medical malpractice lawsuits. Is this frowned upon in podiatry ? money to be made here ? How big of a learning curve is this for a noob ?

Edit: podiatry student wanting to participate in expert witness testimony.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm confused on what you are asking:

1) Are you a podiatry student who wants to eventually go into like expert-witness testimony?
2) Are you a law student who wants to go into defense/litigation with a podiatry focus?

Reactions: 1 user
Edit: podiatry student wanting to participate in expert witness testimony.
You'd need to finish your residency and get board certified. To get involved with any litigation you could contact any attorney who does malpractice and see the process.

Attorney's and companies are going to choose people who have been in practice a long while and with experience/credentials.

If you are looking at working on the expert witness side against your own profession you will be disliked. If you are just starting out this will harm your networking ability.

Reactions: 1 users