choice of undergrad schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migs54

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys if you had to rank these schools based academic quality/reputation that would look good on a med school app. I'll be transfering to one of these schools in january of 2003. Duke,Northwestern,Rice,Baylor,Notre Dame and maybe Stanford. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

IMHO:
1. Rice
2. Stanford
3. Duke / Northwestern
5. ND
6. Baylor

Please tell me you're jesting. :) It doesn't matter which "top" school you go to. What matters most is what you do w/ your time there...your grades, ECs, experiences, etc. If you have a crappy academic record from a good school, it won't matter if it's Stanford or Duke. Go where you'll be happiest.

Members don't see this ad :)
All those schools suck man. Why throw your money into them?

Just give me the 30K a year that you would be giving them and I will write you a really good letter of rec and train you on how to get into a good medical school.

Deal?

Thingamajig is right. All of these schools are good. Go where you will be happiest, and get involved in the community there.

this is my ranking of those schools:
1.stanford
2.duke
3.northwestern
4.rice
5.nd
6 baylor

well the price is not an issue since i'll be on a scholorship. I just wanted to know how the schools ranked. I mean going to Duke has to be more attractive than say Arizona st,another school i was considering(no disrespect to any ASU students)