Choose between Midwestern Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences vs Nova Southeastern University Master of Biomedical Science program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coffee_addict77

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was recently accepted to the two masters programs from Midwestern and NSU. I have to submit my application fee soon, and I am having trouble deciding between the two schools. Here are some pros about each one-year program:

Midwestern (IL):
-65% (47/72) of the class graduating in 2018 have been accepted into professional programs (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, Optometry
- guaranteed interview if > 3.0 graduate GPA
- in-state

NSU (FL):
- guaranteed interview with 3.4 graduate gpa and 505 MCAT
- out-of-state
- MD program

My ugpa is a 3.36 with 3.2 science gpa and an upward trend. I am planning to take my MCAT in June. Should I consider applying to medical schools this cycle? Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was recently accepted to the two masters programs from Midwestern and NSU. I have to submit my application fee soon, and I am having trouble deciding between the two schools. Here are some pros about each one-year program:

Midwestern (IL):
-65% (47/72) of the class graduating in 2018 have been accepted into professional programs (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, Optometry
- in-state

NSU (FL):
- out-of-state
- MD program

My ugpa is a 3.36 with 3.2 science gpa and an upward trend. I am planning to take my MCAT in June. Should I consider applying to medical schools this cycle? Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you so much!
Your GPAs are lethal for MD but fine for DO.

As for the two SMPs, pick the cheapest. I assume they're both one year programs?

They are and Midwestern is a little bit more expensive price-wise but I will not need to worry about living expenses as I live close to the school. Both have a guarantee interview. Is it worth to apply now or wait until I finish my Master's?

Members don't see this ad :)

Midwestern (IL):
- in-state

NSU (FL):
- out-of-state
- MD program

I did the midwestern program. From what I remember, there were maybe 15 or so of us that got accepted into CCOM. And of that 15, all but one or two were accepted outright instead of being placed on a waitlist.
Midwestern will interview its masters program students in the spring quarter (March/April) which isn’t the best since there’s not many seats left by that point. Although, there were a few people who got called to interview early in the cycle because an interviewee canceled last minute or was unable to make it.

I did the midwestern program. From what I remember, there were maybe 15 or so of us that got accepted into CCOM. And of that 15, all but one or two were accepted outright instead of being placed on a waitlist.
Midwestern will interview its masters program students in the spring quarter (March/April) which isn’t the best since there’s not many seats left by that point. Although, there were a few people who got called to interview early in the cycle because an interviewee canceled last minute or was unable to make it.
thank you for your response. How many students were in your program? Did you think the program prepared you well for medical school? And is their articulation agreement still valid?

thank you for your response. How many students were in your program? Did you think the program prepared you well for medical school? And is their articulation agreement still valid?
I’m so sorry, I just reread what I wrote and need to correct a statement. I meant to say all but one or two of us were waitlisted after interviewing.

I think there were 50-60? And it prepared me for CCOMs first yr curriculum because the lectures were largely the same. Their agreement is valid

Last edited:
omg thank you haha for the clarification. I was starting to panic a little bit. When did you complete the program? And did you apply to AACOMAS before starting the Master's program at Midwestern?