Choosing a bookbag for first year.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umcmed13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start my first year and I'm not sure what brand of backpack would be best to go with. I plan on bringing my laptop everyday and studying at the library. The swiss army bags are huge and could do the job but iv heard the north face bags are just as good. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

just don't carry your entire life around with you in your backpack

images

Members don't see this ad :)
r u serious dude

you can't figure out what to buy to carry your crap around?

I'm using my jansport backpack that I've been using since high school

Just keep an open mind, you'll develop a sense for your own toilet paper needs as the semester progresses. Don't be afraid to switch it up if things aren't working for you. I don't think I would've survived anatomy without extra-soft quilted.

Next week: I'm interested in a competitive residency - what sort of cheeses should I be eating?

I cant even believe that I am answering this question? OP, we have a lot of important things to attend in life. If you need a playground, look elsewhere.:smuggrin:

The bathrooms in my on campus apartment in college were stocked by maids with the thinnest single ply you can imagine. Nothing excites me more about going to med school as when I'm in my apartment I can pay 8.5% interest on double ply.

Members don't see this ad :)
The bathrooms in my on campus apartment in college were stocked by maids with the thinnest single ply you can imagine. Nothing excites me more about going to med school as when I'm in my apartment I can pay 8.5% interest on double ply.
So--you're complaining about having a maid in college? hmm...

I'm about to start my first year and I'm not sure what brand of backpack would be best to go with. I plan on bringing my laptop everyday and studying at the library. The swiss army bags are huge and could do the job but iv heard the north face bags are just as good. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

What an assclown.

8.5% well spent. Add in some Metamucil and you barely even need to use double ply. Just a smidge.

I always seem to get the chuck norris paper; rough, tough, and doesn't take **** from anybody.

OH GOD, what kind of cheeses SHOULD I be eating? I can't wait 'till next week, I don't have the time!

Toilet paper is a waste of money. If you're really trying to cut down money on loans, use a rag... wipe, rinse, re-use.

My all time favorite Chuck Norris fact: "Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise." :roflcopter:

Hilarious... and this is coming from a Chemistry major :laugh:

I'll be using my chrome citizen: stylish, bike friendly, waterproof, and big enough.
AlexStanding.jpg

I'll be using my chrome citizen: stylish, bike friendly, waterproof, and big enough.
AlexStanding.jpg

Does the chrome bag have multiple internal pockets? Or is it just one big pocket?

Does the chrome bag have multiple internal pockets? Or is it just one big pocket?

it has these pockets
messengerbagdetailcap.jpg
but the inside one that's it's own PVC lined bag and the most waterproof is just a huge pocket.

At least you had your own bathroom! I had to walk down the hall to the bathroom and we still got that super super thin stuff.

Give the person a break. They're just excited about starting med school.

Get a timbuk2 and be done with it. Half the residents at my school/hospital have them, and you want to be as cool as they are as early as possible, right?

hahahahahaha....

and I was about to say something in jest, but the posts here are great.

I use a north face big shot but they're pretty expensive-90 bucks. I couldn't do without it though, its really spacious and I can abuse it as much as I need without injury. Also, its big enough to carry and conceal a laptop without looking like a laptop bag.

Also, I know most of you(and probably me later) are already in debt...so why go for the extra expensive papertowels? Normally I'd say go with the cheapest toilet paper but to save even more money just do it Euro style and use a flexible shower head and use water :laugh: Just make sure it reaches to your toilet. :rofl:

I cut the spines off of my text books (Kinkos will do this), punched three holes in them and only carried the pages that I needed for a particular day. I could carry all of my "book" sheets in one folder that fit in my laptop case. I carried a coffee mug and computer case with notes and book pages for first and second year. I couldn't be bothered with lugging textbooks around in anything.

I'm doing just fine with my tan olivia harris bucket bag. But I live near school, so I'm not schlepping my house on my back.