choosing a letter grade school over pass/fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted994703

hi everyone! Im having a really hard time picking between two schools. i wanted to know if choosing to go to a pass/fail school makes a huge difference stress wise. Would i be dumb to pick a school that does letter grades over pass/fail because i liked the clinical experience more? I absolutely love both schools and think both clinical experiences are amazing. I also dont want to specialize. I appreciate any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If price were equal, I’d go to school with P/F. I don’t think the clinical education is going to make much of a difference.!

Reactions: 1 user
I go to a school with letter grades and it’s not that bad. Personally, I’d rank location and clinical experience above P/F. I say go with your gut if it’s telling you midwestern.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to a school with letter grades and it’s not that bad. Personally, I’d rank location and clinical experience above P/F. I say go with your gut if it’s telling you midwestern.
thank you for your advice :)

I'd rather go P/F and then if you think you need more experience do a 1 year GPR/AEGD

unfortunately they’re both expensive and similar in price, that’s why i’m using other factors to decide
If you want to specialize go to a p/f school. People will naysay and make it seem like "just study and get good grades and high rank" thats a lot easier said than done.

hi everyone! Im having a really hard time picking between two schools (asdoh and midwestern-il). Im leaning more towards midwestern due to the location and clinical experience. The only thing holding me back is that asdoh has pass/fail, i wanted to know if choosing to go to a pass/fail school makes a huge difference stress wise. Would i be dumb to pick a school that does letter grades over pass/fail because i liked the clinical experience more? I absolutely love both schools and think both clinical experiences are amazing, im just leaning towards midwestern a bit more and feel so conflicted. I also dont want to specialize. I appreciate any advice!
I would better suggest you write down the list of the top 5 criteria, give them scores from 1 to 10 and decide. I will also recommend asking alumni about their experience or googling school reviews.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Can you disclose the price? Curious.
8366880b-edfa-41ee-9087-ed0a69e25e8e_text.gif

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Is it MWU IL or AZ?

If AZ, I would definitely pick that, though the cost for both is ridiculous, the clinical experiences at MWU-AZ are definitely superior to ASDOH imo.

I'm not very familiar with IL one personally. I would likely lean towards P/F.

I can definitely say ASDOH is in a nicer area than MWU-IL, no snow or anything either