Choosing a Program with Excellent Fellowship Placement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amy2003uva

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What % of graduating OB/GYN residents pursue fellowships?

Following this, what is a good "% of residents entering fellowships" to look for in a program?

I've seen numbers from 0-40% on various websites for various programs, and don't know what to think.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a good thing to compare is how many apply and get placed. Most places that are excellent at getting fellowships for the residents have a >80% success rate. Cedars Sinai's placement rate made me drool. If you know you want a fellowship, than find a place like that.

I think a good thing to compare is how many apply and get placed. Most places that are excellent at getting fellowships for the residents have a >80% success rate. Cedars Sinai's placement rate made me drool. If you know you want a fellowship, than find a place like that.

That sounds like a smart approach. Do you know of other programs that have good success rates? I've done a lot of mass research via the directory at www.apgo.org/residency, but they don't have this information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear Brown has an excellent match rate. I have an interview in late December but from what I hear they have good success in matching residents to fellowships !!

That sounds like a smart approach. Do you know of other programs that have good success rates? I've done a lot of mass research via the directory at www.apgo.org/residency, but they don't have this information.

I think the best source would be the PD or the chair at the interview. As straight up how many people did not match over the last 5 years, and ask how many applied.