Choosing a School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPM2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could go to any of the 9 podiatry schools in the US, which one would you choose and why?

Members don't see this ad.

My top choices would be:

DMU, Arizona, Scholl

Edit: Western also seems to have potential

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
:)

Last edited:
I would choose Barry again. It was the perfect fit for me and my family. I absolutely love it down here and will miss it when I head back west for externships in a few weeks.

I would choose Barry again. It was the perfect fit for me and my family. I absolutely love it down here and will miss it when I head back west for externships in a few weeks.

That reminds me of an interesting question I'd like to ask. How extensive is the travel required of a podiatry student in their final months? I've heard stories of medical students that have to crisscross the country. Is there a certain radius around your school they try to fit your externships into or is it pretty much you go where the training is?

Last edited:
That reminds me of an interesting question I'd like to ask. How extensive is the travel required of a podiatry student in their final months? I've heard stories of medical students that have to crisscross the country. Is there a certain radius around your school they try to fit your externships into or is it pretty much you go where the training is?
At Barry, we get 6 months to do outside externships and we spend 2 months at our home clinics. YOU choose which externship you got to for the 6 one month externships. I chose to go back West for my externships so I will be travelling across the country, while many of my classmates are staying in Florida or going up North. We are not required to travel far, rather my choice.

That's good to know. Are there any parts of your education that require you to be away from the local area for more that a day?

NY because they accept DAT scores and have a January entering class :)