Choosing between LECOM and PCOM Postbaccs

Started by koskrd0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

koskrd0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as I'm concerned, here's how I'm laying out pros and cons:

LECOM Pros: 93% matriculate to LECOM for medical school, cheaper
LECOM Cons: Bad location, supposed lack of educational quality.

PCOM Pros: Better location, better reputation/educational quality
PCOM Cons: Slightly more expensive, guaranteed interview only: ~30% matriculate to PCOM after 1st year. ~20% more matriculate after staying for a second year.

Anyone have any other thoughts to add? I know this exact issue has been posted recently, but I didn't see any feedback. I'm leaning towards PCOM. Thanks everyone.
 
Last edited:
Hey, I'm in the same situation. I was planning to attend LECOM until I just got my PCOM acceptance. Are you leaning towards PCOM mostly just because of the educational quality/reputation? I guess I'm having a hard time turning down the 3.0 + 23 interview/potential acceptance at LECOM. Have you found any other information affecting your decision?