Choosing Between PostBacc Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hhelledge

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Currently I am deciding between the post-bacc premed programs at Columbia University, Georgetown University, and the University of Pennsylvania. I've been doing a lot of research about all of the schools, as well as scouring the threads on this web-site, but I am still somewhat at a loss. Columbia University seems like a great school, but on-campus housing is limited, and living in the city by myself off-campus is slightly intimidating (NYC intimidates me in and of itself). I love D.C., it is by far one of my favorite places and I would love to live there. However, I have read on the forums that some people have disliked the Georgetown PBPM program, and if it's not a good program I probably shouldn't base my decision solely on location. University of Pennsylvania seems like the best school out of the three, but also seems like it would be the most difficult. Most importantly, I am not sure that I will even be able to attend, seeing as there are a few logistical issues pertaining to my application (the University is waiting on a statement from a University I was going to attend over the summer but didn't end up attending, stating that I never attended) and thus I do not have a formal acceptance yet. Any ideas? I'm truly at a loss I would appreciate it immensely!!

Heather

Members don't see this ad.

If you are looking for alternatives in the Philly area, check out my thread (linked in the sig). There are a multitude of options here.