Choosing between Rush, Tulane, and University of Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdhopeful512

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on pros/cons of these schools from current students? I'm really interested in public health and hope to go into pediatrics. I'm out of state for University of Buffalo, so financially each school is about the same.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been reading some weird things about Rush lately with their curriculum reform. People are upset, but they're working on it. Keep an eye out on the forums for it. Don't know much about the other schools. Best of luck and congrats!

If you are interested in matching on the East coast - Buffalo
If you are interested in matching in Chicago - Rush

Tulane matches randomly all over the country but does not have as good connections as Rush and Buffalo.

Last edited:
Depends on what you like but I vote Tulane.

Rush's curriculum is new and unsettling. But I also know that I wouldn't do well in PBL. It would be very annoying to go to lecture when you want to employ other methods to study or if you get stuck in the wrong group....

New Orleans is a fun place and Tulane students seemed very happy to be there. Buffalo is a good school but location is dreadful

Members don't see this ad :)
Tulane has good public health options if thats what your interested in, abs you can easily match peds from all 3 of these

I vote for Tulane just because u r out of states for Buffalo and it’s not a nice place to live. Rush new curriculum is unsettling but interesting.