Choosing LOR - MD vs volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jp-19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have two letters that I could have uploaded to AACOMAS for my 6th letter. One is a letter from an MD whom I know on a personal basis and he would likely indicate in his letter that he has mentored me. Realistically he is a personal acquaintance but I believe will have written a strong letter. I already have another MD letter from a doctor I have actually shadowed.

The other letter that I am thinking about for this last spot is a letter from a volunteer supervisor whom I have worked closely with, and I am sure she has written me a very strong recommendation.

Which letter should I choose? I already have 2 sci profs, 1 non sci prof, 1 work/professional, 1 shadowed MD

Members don't see this ad.

So I have two letters that I could have uploaded to AACOMAS for my 6th letter. One is a letter from an MD whom I know on a personal basis and he would likely indicate in his letter that he has mentored me. Realistically he is a personal acquaintance but I believe will have written a strong letter. I already have another MD letter from a doctor I have actually shadowed.

The other letter that I am thinking about for this last spot is a letter from a volunteer supervisor whom I have worked closely with, and I am sure she has written me a very strong recommendation.

Which letter should I choose? I already have 2 sci profs, 1 non sci prof, 1 work/professional, 1 shadowed MD

Not sure if I read it wrong, but you already have 6 LORs. Are you looking to replace one?

Not sure if I read it wrong, but you already have 6 LORs. Are you looking to replace one?

Sorry, I meant that I have 5 letters, and I have 2 letters that I could use for the last spot

Members don't see this ad :)
Use your strongest LORs that will shine light onto your application. Think quality vs who wrote it.

Use your strongest LORs that will shine light onto your application. Think quality vs who wrote it.

Yep that's what I'm planning on doing (the volunteer letter is stronger), I just thought to include the MD letter because DO schools seem to like physician letters..