Choosing the best types of evaluators for LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chicagotech

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For ICO, it is only required to have 2 LOR's- 1 from a professor and 1 from an OD. The OD that is writing my letter is the owner of the practice that i've worked at for over 6 years. Optomcas allows us to submit a MAX of 4 letters.

I have three people who are willing to give me a letter but I am not sure which to chose. I can only chose 2:
1) Another OD at the practice that i've been working with for over 4 years
2) A patient who has keratoconus and works at the university that I attend as the head of student affairs. I've worked with her for a few years and trained her a few times on how to wear sclerals.
3) An OMD that I have been shadowing since January. We discuss treatment and diagnoses plan in depth for his patients and the patients I work with at my office.

Which 2 of the 3 do you guys think I should pick ?
 
Personally I would pick 1) and 2), just cause I don't know how much the OMD could vouch for your future in optometry? I don't think you could go wrong with any as long as they are strong letters