Choosing to Complete a Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ewillis

Reaction score
Hey guys! This might be a dumb question, but is it worth it to complete a secondary if my MCAT score is four points below the school's 10th percentile? On MSAR, my MCAT score doesn't even touch the range of accepted students. Miami sent me a secondary a few days ago but I can't decide if I should take the time and money to complete it if my score isn't good enough anyway

Members don't see this ad.

Your odds of being accepted to Miami with an MCAT that is that far beneath the school's 10th percentile are quite low unless you are truly exceptional on some other important measure. Whether it is worth taking a flyer on a venture with such a low probability of success depends on how much your time and the application fee are worth to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! This might be a dumb question, but is it worth it to complete a secondary if my MCAT score is four points below the school's 10th percentile? On MSAR, my MCAT score doesn't even touch the range of accepted students. Miami sent me a secondary a few days ago but I can't decide if I should take the time and money to complete it if my score isn't good enough anyway
Nope, unless you're URM or a veteran.

If it's your dream school, you might want to buy that "secondary lottery ticket". If it isn't, save your money to apply to a school at which you have a better chance of acceptance.