-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Christmas
Started by tavokeri9
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted407021
I don't know about chocolates. It depends on the doctor as to whether that would seem weird. A nice card would certainly be appropriate and thoughtful. Send a card for sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After my first acceptance, I bought my letter writers $10 amazon gift cards and wrote a small thank you note.
For emphasis, I think this is both appropriate and a great idea.
Wine, good coffee beans, gourmet quality food product that might be a treat he wouldn' buy for himself. But the greatest gift for the person who has everything, is a heartfelt letter thanking them for what they've done for you and expressing how much it means to you and how grateful you are for their assistance.
I get a lot of chocolate. Love it. Especially with a nice note.Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can get this doctor I shadowed for Christmas, other than chocolates??
Absolutely agree. And add to your possibilities list a Starbuck's card.But the greatest gift for the person who has everything, is a heartfelt letter thanking them for what they've done for you and expressing how much it means to you and how grateful you are for their assistance.
Have you seen the recent paper in the British Medical Journal. "Survival Time of Chocolates on Hospital Wards"? Exceptional scholarship 😉I get a lot of chocolate. Love it. Especially with a nice note.
2
235009
Avoid gift cards. It's tacky and not thoughtful. Anything food related is a great idea. Just don't give wine if u r underaged lol
100% agreed. I posted a rant elsewhere about how I think gift cards are a weak gift.Avoid gift cards. It's tacky and not thoughtful. Anything food related is a great idea. Just don't give wine if u r underaged lol
Absolutely! Chocolate really is the coin of the realm at nurse's stations both here and abroad. More study definitely indicated.Have you seen the recent paper in the British Medical Journal. "Survival Time of Chocolates on Hospital Wards"? Exceptional scholarship 😉
I agree that a thoughtful card expressing your thankfulness is more than enough.
If you want to give something more that is up to you but I would be careful about some things. For example every year I am inundated with wine and I frankly probably drink less than a bottle per year . It ends up either being regifted or sitting on my shelf for ages. So know your audience.
If you want to give something more that is up to you but I would be careful about some things. For example every year I am inundated with wine and I frankly probably drink less than a bottle per year . It ends up either being regifted or sitting on my shelf for ages. So know your audience.
"Every year I am inundated with wine"I agree that a thoughtful card expressing your thankfulness is more than enough.
If you want to give something more that is up to you but I would be careful about some things. For example every year I am inundated with wine and I frankly probably drink less than a bottle per year . It ends up either being regifted or sitting on my shelf for ages. So know your audience.
That sounds like a deluge I would not mind being caught in
LOL... I also get a deluge of Starbucks cards and I don't drink coffee either. So come on over, there's plenty to drink at my house!"Every year I am inundated with wine"
That sounds like a deluge I would not mind being caught in
(lest it sound like I am a teetotaler please do not misunderstand: I'm more of a cocktail and hot tea sort of gal than wine and coffee.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This post makes me really happyLOL... I also get a deluge of Starbucks cards and I don't drink coffee either. So come on over, there's plenty to drink at my house!
(lest it sound like I am a teetotaler please do not misunderstand: I'm more of a cocktail and hot tea sort of gal than wine and coffee.)
Relevant: I'm currently drinking a gimlet
I've never purchased their coffee, either, but they carry some terrific banana walnut bread.LOL... I also get a deluge of Starbucks cards and I don't drink coffee either.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 667