Christmas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tavokeri9

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
After my first acceptance, I bought my letter writers $10 amazon gift cards and wrote a small thank you note.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know about chocolates. It depends on the doctor as to whether that would seem weird. A nice card would certainly be appropriate and thoughtful. Send a card for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After my first acceptance, I bought my letter writers $10 amazon gift cards and wrote a small thank you note.

For emphasis, I think this is both appropriate and a great idea.

Wine, good coffee beans, gourmet quality food product that might be a treat he wouldn' buy for himself. But the greatest gift for the person who has everything, is a heartfelt letter thanking them for what they've done for you and expressing how much it means to you and how grateful you are for their assistance.

But the greatest gift for the person who has everything, is a heartfelt letter thanking them for what they've done for you and expressing how much it means to you and how grateful you are for their assistance.
Absolutely agree. And add to your possibilities list a Starbuck's card.

Avoid gift cards. It's tacky and not thoughtful. Anything food related is a great idea. Just don't give wine if u r underaged lol

Avoid gift cards. It's tacky and not thoughtful. Anything food related is a great idea. Just don't give wine if u r underaged lol
100% agreed. I posted a rant elsewhere about how I think gift cards are a weak gift.

Have you seen the recent paper in the British Medical Journal. "Survival Time of Chocolates on Hospital Wards"? Exceptional scholarship ;)
Absolutely! Chocolate really is the coin of the realm at nurse's stations both here and abroad. More study definitely indicated.

I agree that a thoughtful card expressing your thankfulness is more than enough.

If you want to give something more that is up to you but I would be careful about some things. For example every year I am inundated with wine and I frankly probably drink less than a bottle per year . It ends up either being regifted or sitting on my shelf for ages. So know your audience.

I agree that a thoughtful card expressing your thankfulness is more than enough.

If you want to give something more that is up to you but I would be careful about some things. For example every year I am inundated with wine and I frankly probably drink less than a bottle per year . It ends up either being regifted or sitting on my shelf for ages. So know your audience.
"Every year I am inundated with wine"

That sounds like a deluge I would not mind being caught in

"Every year I am inundated with wine"

That sounds like a deluge I would not mind being caught in
LOL... I also get a deluge of Starbucks cards and I don't drink coffee either. So come on over, there's plenty to drink at my house!

(lest it sound like I am a teetotaler please do not misunderstand: I'm more of a cocktail and hot tea sort of gal than wine and coffee.)

LOL... I also get a deluge of Starbucks cards and I don't drink coffee either. So come on over, there's plenty to drink at my house!

(lest it sound like I am a teetotaler please do not misunderstand: I'm more of a cocktail and hot tea sort of gal than wine and coffee.)
This post makes me really happy

Relevant: I'm currently drinking a gimlet