Christus Santa Rosa--San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteotitan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this program in San Antonio? I know it is unopposed, but other than that I don't know much. Any insight is greatly appreciate!!

Members don't see this ad.

p54 said:
very good program, i did a rotation as a 3rd year there. nice facilities, excellent faculity and teaching....free lunch provided almost everyday too
i would recommend it, residents all seems pretty happy too

If I were to want to live in San Antonio this would be my first choice. No way would I ever go to UTHSC-SA! Santa Rosa
s faculty and residents are always at the major residency fairs and they are extremely nice and down to earth. They have a lot of women in their program, which to me is actually a plus. I just think its easier working with women than men, coming from a man.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the impression that the residency program at UTHSCSA and Santa Rosa were connected?

Thanks for the insight into this program. I plan on doing a rotation there in the near future.

osteotitan said:
Thanks for the insight into this program. I plan on doing a rotation there in the near future.
I am a 2nd year resident here at santa rosa, it is a great program, small but has its' act together. any questions visit our web site www.christussantrosa.org and go under "our services"

Christus Santa Rosa- Westover Hills is a terrible program. There didactics are aweful as first the residents dont do a good job on them. The program makes them your bith on the inpatient service and how many inpatient services you have to do. since this is a Catholic hospital you don't learn any sterilization services. also there are not a culturally diverse program. just an overall terrible program and you can definately get better training at any other program.

in a society where you see every ethnicity you have to learn everything to give the best possible care for your patient. however this program only recruits and discourages other races as is seen on there resident profile recruitment.