Chronic pain time in residency

Started by Sammich81
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sammich81

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how much variation there is in how much chronic pain time you have to do in your residency? At my school it's only 2 weeks/year...I just did my first day in pain clinic, and man....no pun intended....but it so very painful. So I'd like to go somewhere where I will have enough exposure to be good at blocks but not so much that I have to drink after every pain week.
 
We were required to do two months total. But were not allowed to do more that four total months. A day in pain sure beats a day in the burn room any day.