Thanks for the post! You've basically mirrored my own thoughts exactly. For CHOP, I was really happy when I got the interview (maybe a little star-struck), but actually pretty disappointed after I went there. The residents seemed happy enough, but not as nice as many places. They weren't mean in any way, just got a colder, way more intense vibe from them. At the other programs, the residents (which, let's not kid ourselves, are just as smart) were happy AND nice/warm. It just made the whole atmosphere much more welcoming.
I also felt like Pitt and Cinci were very similar programs, with Cinci having maybe very slightly better reputation, and Pitt having a little more manageable city, size-wise.
CHLA and Seattle were my favorite West Coast programs, and I loved everything about them (except for written progress notes at Seattle... I mean really? Everything else is electronic).
I think I'll just go with gut feeling. I just certified my list yesterday and I feel pretty good about it. Now just all this waiting. 🙂
Good luck to you too!