Circumlocution and Phonemic Awareness in Adults

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CaseWhatic

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I'm new to these boards,


I would like to point out beforehand that I'm not just doing this for 'self help', it's part of a wider research project I plan to do about Phonemic Awareness deficentcy in Adults, which unfortunately, has had no research done into it previously.

I have a serious problem with Circumlocution, that is, forgetting everyday words and skirting around them until the person I'm talking to guesses it.
As an Aircraft Engineer in the RAF this condition is a real hinderance to my job and the safety of aircraft, and as such I have been temporarily taken away from my duties and asked to research and find coping stratagies for this. On google I found this site, and who better to ask than people who do this for a living?

Any help people here could provide me on the Causes or Coping stratagies for this would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers,
Liam