Citing a policy brief

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrews1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all-

I will be contributing significantly to the 2016 world health organization guidelines for a disease (leaving it vague)

I'll be listed in the acknowledgements as WHO briefs and guidelines don't have official "authors". How do i cite in my CV? And it's not a peer reviewed paper, should I add another section?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty simple. If you're acknowledged within the text but not an author it goes in the "research activities" section of ERAS and nowhere else.

As for your personal CV, you could create a section for "policy research" or simply "other scholarly activities". There are no rules here, so just do what you like.

And if you're really contributing significantly, get authorship.

Pretty simple. If you're acknowledged within the text but not an author it goes in the "research activities" section of ERAS and nowhere else.

As for your personal CV, you could create a section for "policy research" or simply "other scholarly activities". There are no rules here, so just do what you like.

And if you're really contributing significantly, get authorship.

Thanks! The issue is- WHO guidelines don't have authorship. ONLY acknowledgements. I'll add another section :)

Reactions: 1 user