MD & DO ECFMG transfer credit policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drswindon

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I attended two medical schools and the policy for the ECFMG certification is that:

"Credits must be for courses that were passed at the medical school at which the course was taken."

I did not pass microbiology at my old university but I did receive some credits.

This was then used in my new university because their microbiology course was part of a bigger course called "life sciences" which included several different subjects including microbiology...

So ultimately the credits were enough to be recognised as a pass because I had enough credits from other subjects which were all put together for this bigger course: life sciences.

Even though I did not technically pass microbiology in my old university but was recognised as a pass in my new university, would this be an issue for ECFMG certifcation through EPIC?

Thanks in advance