Citing research publications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So I'm just unsure how to properly cite researches in my CV.

1. Would I inlcude abstracts/publications from my undergraduate college?

2. What exactly do I put for a research project -- here's my dilemma
So I did a research project, submitted 2 abstracts, did 2 oral presentations and submitted a final publication. Would I mention all 5? Or just the oral presentations and the final publication? Or what exactly?
To make this clearer, I had to submit the abstract in order to be able to do an oral presentation and a final publication.

Thanks for any help. I'm kinda new to all this

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

So I'm just unsure how to properly cite researches in my CV.

1. Would I inlcude abstracts/publications from my undergraduate college?

2. What exactly do I put for a research project -- here's my dilemma
So I did a research project, submitted 2 abstracts, did 2 oral presentations and submitted a final publication. Would I mention all 5? Or just the oral presentations and the final publication? Or what exactly?
To make this clearer, I had to submit the abstract in order to be able to do an oral presentation and a final publication.

Thanks for any help. I'm kinda new to all this
1. Yes, if they were published or presented in an official venue.

2. The presentations can be included if they were given in an official venue and were different from one another (giving the same presentation twice shouldn't be double-counted). The paper can be included if it's been accepted for publication. The abstracts shouldn't be included -- they were part of the presentations, so including them would be double-counting.

Reactions: 1 user
The abstracts shouldn't be included -- they were part of the presentations, so including them would be double-counting.

What if the abstract is published in a supplement of the conference's associated journal? Should we still only list the presentation?

What if the abstract is published in a supplement of the conference's associated journal? Should we still only list the presentation?
I would only list it if the abstract's publication is completely independent of the presentation. If the supplement is basically just a listing of the presentations given at the association's conference, I wouldn't do it.

Reactions: 1 user