Civilian or military residency

Started by codone
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

codone

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I am planning on joining the army after I graduate this May, but I am having trouble deciding on which of the two options to pursue, so I would like some advice!

Option 1: Complete a civilian residency and then apply for direct officer commission.
Benefits: Good transition from school to residency will ensure that I hold onto most of my knowledge. Possibly more clinical based residency training will enhance my knowledge and allow me to be a better pharmacist.

Option 2: Apply for direct officer commission, and then apply for a military residency.
Benefit: Get an early start with my military career.

I hope I am not being naive, but can someone offer any input/advice?
 
Do your research by asking a lot of questions from healthcare recruiters, don't settle for the Quick and easy way. Plus the military is downsizing if you haven't noticed