Clarification for Secondary length Restrictions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoneBroCO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When a secondary gives you some character or word restriction, should I try to create a response that gets very close to this limit? If not, when is too little? Currently answering a question with a 2000 character limit, but I feel like I have adequately answered the prompt in a little over 1000. I don't want to fill it with fluff to reach a higher count.

Any insight on this? @Goro @LizzyM @gonnif @Med Ed @gyngyn @Moko

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Fluff is never good. If you feel like you've explained everything you need to, then don't fill it with empty words just to meet the maximum.

Reactions: 1 users
When a secondary gives you some character or word restriction, should I try to create a response that gets very close to this limit? If not, when is too little? Currently answering a question with a 2000 character limit, but I feel like I have adequately answered the prompt in a little over 1000. I don't want to fill it with fluff to reach a higher count.

Just answer the question

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I'll echo the above sentiments. Reading applications is a time-consuming process, and no points are awarded for taking 2,000 characters to do the job of 1,000.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users