You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Clarkson University DPT Class of 2020
Started by CPHorseGirl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have accepted my spot did you make a page?
Hello,
Congrats to those accepted! I am currently a student at Clarkson and would like to share some advice that I wished I had received before choosing to attend Clarkson. First of all make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Understand that Problem Based Learning is you taking full responsibility of learning the course material. You will have 3 lecutures a week which are just summary lectures. The whole program is problem based including anatomy (you will not be instructed in how to cut a cadaver, the professor asks for volunteers that have done cadaver work before and they are your leaders). Also, whenever you are asked to go meet with the course coordinator make sure you record your meetings. There were many times the course coordinator may tell you one thing and forget. Please if you are admitted to multiple programs I would advise to choose the other programs before Clarkson. Please if you guys have any questions please message me! The program does not do a well job in explain all aspects of the program to new students and without having to interview at the school you go at it blind sided
Congrats to those accepted! I am currently a student at Clarkson and would like to share some advice that I wished I had received before choosing to attend Clarkson. First of all make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Understand that Problem Based Learning is you taking full responsibility of learning the course material. You will have 3 lecutures a week which are just summary lectures. The whole program is problem based including anatomy (you will not be instructed in how to cut a cadaver, the professor asks for volunteers that have done cadaver work before and they are your leaders). Also, whenever you are asked to go meet with the course coordinator make sure you record your meetings. There were many times the course coordinator may tell you one thing and forget. Please if you are admitted to multiple programs I would advise to choose the other programs before Clarkson. Please if you guys have any questions please message me! The program does not do a well job in explain all aspects of the program to new students and without having to interview at the school you go at it blind sided
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
Congrats to those accepted! I am currently a student at Clarkson and would like to share some advice that I wished I had received before choosing to attend Clarkson. First of all make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Understand that Problem Based Learning is you taking full responsibility of learning the course material. You will have 3 lecutures a week which are just summary lectures. The whole program is problem based including anatomy (you will not be instructed in how to cut a cadaver, the professor asks for volunteers that have done cadaver work before and they are your leaders). Also, whenever you are asked to go meet with the course coordinator make sure you record your meetings. There were many times the course coordinator may tell you one thing and forget. Please if you are admitted to multiple programs I would advise to choose the other programs before Clarkson. Please if you guys have any questions please message me! The program does not do a well job in explain all aspects of the program to new students and without having to interview at the school you go at it blind sided
Is it a bad program?
Hello,
Congrats to those accepted! I am currently a student at Clarkson and would like to share some advice that I wished I had received before choosing to attend Clarkson. First of all make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Understand that Problem Based Learning is you taking full responsibility of learning the course material. You will have 3 lecutures a week which are just summary lectures. The whole program is problem based including anatomy (you will not be instructed in how to cut a cadaver, the professor asks for volunteers that have done cadaver work before and they are your leaders). Also, whenever you are asked to go meet with the course coordinator make sure you record your meetings. There were many times the course coordinator may tell you one thing and forget. Please if you are admitted to multiple programs I would advise to choose the other programs before Clarkson. Please if you guys have any questions please message me! The program does not do a well job in explain all aspects of the program to new students and without having to interview at the school you go at it blind sided
Can you reach out for help? does the instructors help you if you need help? It's the only school I got accepted too
Hello! If you have accepted at Clarkson University of class of 2020 we are getting people together for a facebook group. Congratulations to all who have been admitted!
I also Got accepted. Did you make a facebook page?
Did you hear anything good about the school? i'm hearing all negative feedbacks which kinda disappoints me
No facebook page yet! Can you guys send me your email and I will add it to make a group? What are the other negative reviews you have heard?I also Got accepted. Did you make a facebook page?
Did you hear anything good about the school? i'm hearing all negative feedbacks which kinda disappoints me
I live less than a mile from Clarkson and it's extremely overpriced for the quality of education you get. I had a friend in the PT program at Clarkson and she absolutely hated it, so she decided to leave. You are paying over 50k a year to learn the material on your own. I have interned with a few of the faculty and they are nice, but the set up of the program I find to be a problem. You are tested on material you have to teach yourself as lectures really aren't a thing. It's more of everyone in a group tutoring session teaching eachother the information. You are tested on everything you teach yourself. Just make sure you understand what problem based learning is...AKA teach yourself 3 years of PT school.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Those who were accepted to Clarkson for 2020, check your clarkson.edu email as it includes an invite to join the facebook page. Thanks!
Hi all,
I am now in my first semester at Clarkson and absolutely LOVE it!! My class is super small and I get a lot of individualized attention. It is a hard program because of the problem based learning but you REALLY learn your stuff! No one said PT school would be easy. I personally like the individual study because I hate being talked at in a lecture. The faculty here are very well rounded (we have a geriatric specialist, pediatric specialist, and multiple neuro specialists) and supportive of our learning. Here is my schedule for the semester: 9 unit foundations to PT, which includes 6 hours of anatomy lab,6 hours of tutorial group work, 6 hours of clinical and ~4 hours of IS. Next is a 2 unit/hour professionalism class (which I love and find super applicable). Last is a 1 unit measurement class where we analyze papers and do group projects about current testing methods. I would say my normal day begins at 8 am and ends around 11-11:30 pm. If you are a self starter, this is a fabulous program that will make you a SUPER clinician. Can't say enough good things... Pm me with any questions!
I am now in my first semester at Clarkson and absolutely LOVE it!! My class is super small and I get a lot of individualized attention. It is a hard program because of the problem based learning but you REALLY learn your stuff! No one said PT school would be easy. I personally like the individual study because I hate being talked at in a lecture. The faculty here are very well rounded (we have a geriatric specialist, pediatric specialist, and multiple neuro specialists) and supportive of our learning. Here is my schedule for the semester: 9 unit foundations to PT, which includes 6 hours of anatomy lab,6 hours of tutorial group work, 6 hours of clinical and ~4 hours of IS. Next is a 2 unit/hour professionalism class (which I love and find super applicable). Last is a 1 unit measurement class where we analyze papers and do group projects about current testing methods. I would say my normal day begins at 8 am and ends around 11-11:30 pm. If you are a self starter, this is a fabulous program that will make you a SUPER clinician. Can't say enough good things... Pm me with any questions!