Class A and Ribbon Help

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by cavaor, Jun 17, 2008.

  1. cavaor

    cavaor Member

    May 14, 2001
    Likes Received:
    One of my fellow residents asked a good Q and I thought I would post to see if you guys have answers...

    What is allowed and what is now if someone has not completed OBC but has served a year AD as a resident?
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. dtn3t

    dtn3t Member

    Jun 2, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Attending Physician
    The NDSM and GWOT can be worn just for service right now.

    As for the Army service ribbon, you should be able to wear it after 4 months of honorable service because your medical degree could be considered a 'civilian acquired skill'. Could be wrong though, but they should be ok.


    c. Officers will be awarded this ribbon upon successful completion of their basic/orientation or higher level course. Enlisted soldiers will be awarded the ribbon upon successful completion of their initial MOS producing course. Officer or Enlisted personnel assigned to a specialty, special skill identifier, or MOS based on civilian or other service acquired skills, will be awarded the ribbon upon honorable completion of four months active service.

Share This Page