Class A misdemeanor for speeding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superspeeder

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got a class A misdemeanor in Illinois for 150+ in a 50 on my way to school. I'm currently an undergrad and the dean of my university said he didn't care bc it wasn't violent/drug related/dishonesty.
My question is will this prevent me from getting into medical school and more importantly will it prevent me from getting hired after meeting school.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, how did your car even get to 150 mph?

That aside, I really don't know what that would do to your application. In my state, any speeding that exceeds the speed limit by 25 mph or more is automatically re-classed as reckless driving/dangerous maneuvers which is a felony.

Check your state's laws and agree to any and all defensive driving classes to mitigate the charges.

Reactions: 1 users
What kind of car do you drive?? Damn I got one for 98 and thought I was badass

OP, you're going to want to triple check that ticket. I don't know about your state, but some states automatically charge speeding over 25 miles an hour as reckless endangerment/questionable maneuvers, which is a felony. If you're looking at a felony, then get a lawyer (you may laugh, but they're practically wizards sometimes with how they can work to get you out of something) and take those defensive driving classes so your insurance won't spike as much, even if it won't do you squat for your charges.

Reactions: 1 user
I've already dealt with the legal stuff. Its not a felony, mainly a large fine since it was my first time being caught for speeding. My question is how will a misdemeanor affect me in my admission to medical school and actually being hired as a doctor afterwards.

i got a class A misdemeanor in Illinois for 150+ in a 50 on my way to school. I'm currently an undergrad and the dean of my university said he didn't care bc it wasn't violent/drug related/dishonesty.
My question is will this prevent me from getting into medical school and more importantly will it prevent me from getting hired after meeting school.

Your name is "superspeeder", you are a relatively new account, and you were speeding (allegedly at 150+). Something about this post is (and your account) is very suspicious...

Your name is "superspeeder", you are a relatively new account, and you were speeding (allegedly at 150+). Something about this post is (and your account) is very suspicious...
Relatively new account bc I didn't ever feel the need to post. Also I thought it would an ironically funny username.
maybe this was the wrong place to post the question but I still haven't had answer serious answers about whether or not it will affect med school.

I think it will be fine for the reasons you mentioned and because people might lump it in with the oh you're from a state where for somereason every speeding ticket is a misdeameanor/

Now i probably wouldnt tell them you were going 100 over but i'm not sure how much you'd have to disclose