Class enrollment question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

username121234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My enrollment is tomorrow, and I am a senior biology major. I'm wondering if I should enroll in an upper level biology course, or just an easy A elective to boost my GPA.

Would admissions look at the latter and think I'm lazy?
Or would they not care either way, and just look at my GPA?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

What's your current GPA and what kinds of classes have you taken in the past?
Like how many upper divs credits have you taken vs lower div?

Honestly I would take a class like Immuno, Anatomy, Virology, Physiology or something similar because it will really really help you when you start school since the material will be familiar. Those classes will be crazy hard, but it'll help you later on in dental school since it'll be much more fast-paced but hopefully you won't struggle as much as some of your classmates :laugh:.

I'd recommend taking some relative upper level bio electives that will help you down the line in dental school. Of course throw in some easier courses to balance out the weight. We have no way of knowing what admissions will think, but they do take a look at your courseload from every semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your current GPA and what kinds of classes have you taken in the past?
Like how many upper divs credits have you taken vs lower div?

Honestly I would take a class like Immuno, Anatomy, Virology, Physiology or something similar because it will really really help you when you start school since the material will be familiar. Those classes will be crazy hard, but it'll help you later on in dental school since it'll be much more fast-paced but hopefully you won't struggle as much as some of your classmates :laugh:.

I've taken almost every single pre-req for dental school (physiology, anatomy, microbio, biochem, cell & molec, you name it) . My oGPA is 3.3, and sGPA 3.1.

I've taken almost every single pre-req for dental school (physiology, anatomy, microbio, biochem, cell & molec, you name it) . My oGPA is 3.3, and sGPA 3.1.
I'd take an upper division to show you can handle it cause your sGPA isn't too high unfortunately, so you need to prove to adcoms that you can handle a rigorous courseload. Dental school is no joke- it's a lot going on at the same time.