You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2008
Started by Petec
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've been accepted to all 5 schools I've applied to. The thing you should look at is:
1. finance. compare tuitions from different schools and look into yourself to see what you REALISTICALLY can pay back or borrow...
2. friends and family. You will need to be around people that support you 100%, thats the key to success
3. Location. You need to find the right city for you. i.e , if you've always lived in sunny Florida your whole life, I dont know how happy you'd be moving to Chicago or even Boston...
you know?
everyone is different, so dont expect anyone to give you the "correct" answer to which Optometry would be best for you, thats a decision you will have to make yourself.
Anothertony
p.s I chose to goto Optometry school in Boston, besides the fact that my sister lives close by, I like the fact they start patient care on the 3rd day of classes....very cool.....
1. finance. compare tuitions from different schools and look into yourself to see what you REALISTICALLY can pay back or borrow...
2. friends and family. You will need to be around people that support you 100%, thats the key to success
3. Location. You need to find the right city for you. i.e , if you've always lived in sunny Florida your whole life, I dont know how happy you'd be moving to Chicago or even Boston...
you know?
everyone is different, so dont expect anyone to give you the "correct" answer to which Optometry would be best for you, thats a decision you will have to make yourself.
Anothertony
p.s I chose to goto Optometry school in Boston, besides the fact that my sister lives close by, I like the fact they start patient care on the 3rd day of classes....very cool.....
Hi everyone.
I also got accepted everywhere I applied (NEWENCO and SUNY) but unfortunately I think I am going to give the Canadian schools a chance to accept me - they don't let us know until ~June-July. In the meantime I'll have to let my two other acceptances go and hope for the best.
It comes down to a money thing for me - why pay up to 5 X more money to go to the US to get a degree I could get here in Canada (where I want to live when I graduate anyway).
Good luck/Congrats to everyone else that has applied or been accepted.
I also got accepted everywhere I applied (NEWENCO and SUNY) but unfortunately I think I am going to give the Canadian schools a chance to accept me - they don't let us know until ~June-July. In the meantime I'll have to let my two other acceptances go and hope for the best.
It comes down to a money thing for me - why pay up to 5 X more money to go to the US to get a degree I could get here in Canada (where I want to live when I graduate anyway).
Good luck/Congrats to everyone else that has applied or been accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so far ICO, PUCO...im now waiting on Houston (my first choice).
edit: UHCO now 😀
edit: UHCO now 😀
so far scco is the pick! haven't heard from berkeley so i'm assuming i didn't make the cut. oh ya, and suny still hasn't gotten back to me. guess my interview really did suck. oh well.
congrats on all the acceptances and good luck on interviews! if anyone as questions about my scco interview, i'd be happy to help out 🙂
congrats on all the acceptances and good luck on interviews! if anyone as questions about my scco interview, i'd be happy to help out 🙂
I got into ICO, and I'm waiting on SUNY..... although regardless of what SUNY says, I'm Chicago-bound. I was extremely impressed by their facilities... that was really the deciding factor for me.
Just like the others have said, any of those schools will provide you with a good education and a great experience in the city; it doesn't seem to me like you can really lose with any of them.
Good luck!!!!
silverandblack
Just like the others have said, any of those schools will provide you with a good education and a great experience in the city; it doesn't seem to me like you can really lose with any of them.
Good luck!!!!
silverandblack
Petec,
lemme help you decide there 😉 . let's just put it this way, your decision on whether to go to SCO or not will affect me tremendously since i'm on the alternate list there. If you decide on the other schools besides SCO, then i will give up my ICO seat for someone on the ICO alternate list. I also gave up my NEWENCO seat back in November when i chose ICO over NEWENCO. so what do u say, fair trade huh?
lol...i'm just kidding there...it's your decision man. where i end up next year will only be determined by His will. 😉 so i'm pretty much worried free and driven by faith. 👍
lemme help you decide there 😉 . let's just put it this way, your decision on whether to go to SCO or not will affect me tremendously since i'm on the alternate list there. If you decide on the other schools besides SCO, then i will give up my ICO seat for someone on the ICO alternate list. I also gave up my NEWENCO seat back in November when i chose ICO over NEWENCO. so what do u say, fair trade huh?
lol...i'm just kidding there...it's your decision man. where i end up next year will only be determined by His will. 😉 so i'm pretty much worried free and driven by faith. 👍
eyedream,
I wish i could help you out, but I decided on SCO about a month ago. I really liked the people there, the facilities and the price of living and tuition are just unmatched. So if you get into SCO, your definetly gonna go? They're making you wait a while huh? Well, good luck, and let us know when you find out.
I wish i could help you out, but I decided on SCO about a month ago. I really liked the people there, the facilities and the price of living and tuition are just unmatched. So if you get into SCO, your definetly gonna go? They're making you wait a while huh? Well, good luck, and let us know when you find out.
I am going to SCO too! I picked it over Birmingham and SUNY. I hope I made the right choice. I guess I will see you this fall Pete. 😉
thanks Pete. i think you'd made a wise decision by choosing SCO. hopefully i will see you this fall if i do get in. 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 214
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 201
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 182
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 219
E
