Class of 2010 UST.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhiPsi1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to start a thread for the incoming class of 2010 at UST...i'm pretty stoked and extremely excited to get over to the philippines and get everything started up...should be a fun time and also will give some of us a chance to learn more about where we came from being that i am a fil-am...but most importantly, a chance to party!!!! oh wait, i mean study...ha ha ha...gotta keep a good balance during school!!! work hard during the week AND party hard on the weekends!!!

Members don't see this ad.

PhiPsi1 said:
just wanted to start a thread for the incoming class of 2010 at UST...i'm pretty stoked and extremely excited to get over to the philippines and get everything started up...should be a fun time and also will give some of us a chance to learn more about where we came from being that i am a fil-am...but most importantly, a chance to party!!!! oh wait, i mean study...ha ha ha...gotta keep a good balance during school!!! work hard during the week AND party hard on the weekends!!!

Hey there,
congrats on gettin in and startin your first year at UST! I cant believe its been a year, but i felt the same way just last year. I remember i could not stop thinkin...i wanted to start class..etc...But. just some advice, ENJOY Your SUMMER! When classes start, you cannot enjoy as much! Med is "toxic", as the filipinos would call it... and it really is quite stressful. Your 1st semester will be the toughest you will ever encounter. Sorry I do not want to scare you, but just to keep you informed. I studied soo much and slept like 4-5 hours a nite. DONT worry though, by 2nd sem, you will get used to the lifestyle.. and you will see your grades go up! Mostly everyone does bad first sem...its an adjustment period. Sorry for blabbin. I just understand your excitement but also wish to get you informed about first year!
By the way, I am startin my 2nd year med at UST. Im fil-Am as well from New York. Where are you from? Where are you living next year? Just to let you know our school has a pretty tight fil-am community.

I was wondering when someone was going to start a UST Class of 2010 thread! Excited to start, I'm sure we'll all do great, and I can't wait to meet everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone,
i actually just started a thread for the incoming filams at ue. But, regardless of the school, we all share the fact that we're about to make a huge change in our lives. Like what's been said..as filams, we're getting to explore our roots, the philippine culture, and yes, every once in awhile, the metro manila night life. indeed, balance is key. =) i've seen the list of acceptances for ust, and it has a decent number of people on it. as of now, i know that ue has about 15 filams that have accepted spots.. so who knows, maybe we'll all run into each other someday. i know i have a cousin at ust...it seems like i'm not the only one though..,anyways- i'm sure i'll be around your campus at some point.
good luck to all of you moving in, adjusting and everything!

so where have all of you decided to live? found a place yet?

hey, my younger sis's also part of UST class 2010. surprisingly, u guys have this name plate pinning ceremony which made me laugh when i saw/read it. according to dean lopez, it was started by the ust medical alumni association just last year. it was their way of welcoming u. they hope u guys stay until your graduation in 2010. hehe!

niwey, i'm just gonna give a shout out to UST Class 2006.. Good luck & God bless to our post-graduate internship!

bleudsky said:
hey, my younger sis's also part of UST class 2010. surprisingly, u guys have this name plate pinning ceremony which made me laugh when i saw/read it. according to dean lopez, it was started by the ust medical alumni association just last year. it was their way of welcoming u. they hope u guys stay until your graduation in 2010. hehe!

niwey, i'm just gonna give a shout out to UST Class 2006.. Good luck & God bless to our post-graduate internship!
Hi is this Angela? Its mike.(was 1st year...leah's neighbor and friend) Hi! Do you know if leah and janine left already? By the way, do you know if leah sold her threadmill yet? I kinda wanted to buy it if its still left unsold. Congratulations on your graduation! DOCTORAS! Hehe
:D

^ sadly no i'm not angela. angela & janine were my classmates during the 1st 3 yrs.

you're an incoming 2nd yr, right? good luck on your pharmacology. dra llamas teaches very well, but pray that she won't be part of your tribunal (during the oral revalida at the end of your clerkship) coz she's among those who flunk clerks, or any one from the pharmacology staff for that matter. hehe!

bleudsky said:
^ sadly no i'm not angela. angela & janine were my classmates during the 1st 3 yrs.

you're an incoming 2nd yr, right? good luck on your pharmacology. dra llamas teaches very well, but pray that she won't be part of your tribunal (during the oral revalida at the end of your clerkship) coz she's among those who flunk clerks, or any one from the pharmacology staff for that matter. hehe!
Yeah. Hey I heard pharma had the worst turnout. I mean that class was the toughest for 2nd year! I heard there were like over 60 people who took remedials for that class! Maybe I should review pharma for my last 2 weeks of vacation? I probably wont anyway!

yep it's the toughest & most challenging. come to think of it, it's the bread & butter of our practice regardless of our chosen specialization.

Hello.
Can somebody help me? I have a question especially to upperclassmen ust med students.

Does anybody know where to check for grades? Is it online? What am i to do to find some type of report card? Thanx in advance...

To 1st year UST med students:

Where are you guys living?

phlipsquad, i already answered your question (re: things needed in doing a PE). just check out the post u created.

based on experience, the faculty does not give any report cards at the end of each school year. i don't know if u got any class cards but during our time, we did submit 'em & got 'em back w/ our grades. otherwise, u have to wait until clerkship when u apply for copies of your transcript of records that u will see all your grades (from 1st to 3rd yr). but each department gives/posts your final grades, right? so u have an idea/knowledge what ur grade is.

your grades are not online. that "check your grades online" is not available for medicine students. we tried to check our grades before (during summer break) but we just kept seeing blank pages.

Hey congrats to all those who got in...anyways pm me if any of ya'll are in manila during june 4..wanna do like a hang out between the filams from the past and the new class..so as to hang out.

Also Mike you haven't added to our filam yahoo group i made. Weirdo...Add or email me if you have a problem.

GoldenAzn said:
Hey congrats to all those who got in...anyways pm me if any of ya'll are in manila during june 4..wanna do like a hang out between the filams from the past and the new class..so as to hang out.

Also Mike you haven't added to our filam yahoo group i made. Weirdo...Add or email me if you have a problem.

Yeah Al...
Don't worry. I will join the group when i get the chance. Too lazy and kinda dont know how to do it too! Will give it a try! Lataz!

P.S. I tried to search yahoo groups.... found nothing. What keyword should I use? Thanx man.

i miss the (med) building, LRU, and the hospital.. hehe!