You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2015 NYIT DPT
Started by vladlink1990
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was accepted and have sent in my deposit to attend NYIT. I am from out of state, so I am not sure where I will be living yet...but planning on finding something close to campus (within 15 min), since we will be spending a lot of time there! Are you from the NY area?
Oh congrats! I also got accepted, by any chance are you the girl from ohio, have we met in the early decision interview back in september? and yea im from Brooklyn but I havent decided yet whether I'll be commuting an hour or finding a place near campus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted there too! I turned in my deposit but I am still waiting to hear back from my top 1 choice. But as of now I am planning to live there. I am from Maryland so I will definitely be living there if I go there for sure.
Let me know what you guys are planning to do.
Apt or dorm?
I think the dorms are cheaper since they have everything included in their charges (like utilites, internet, etc) and Apt for sure are not inclusive. If you find a good deal somewhere, then let me know. I am wondering if you all know if there are like apts together for all the grad students offcampus.
Thanks!
Let me know what you guys are planning to do.
Apt or dorm?
I think the dorms are cheaper since they have everything included in their charges (like utilites, internet, etc) and Apt for sure are not inclusive. If you find a good deal somewhere, then let me know. I am wondering if you all know if there are like apts together for all the grad students offcampus.
Thanks!
Last edited:
So random...but yes, thats me! Do you know if the other guys got accepted? Right now, I'm looking at places in the Glen Cove area. Everywhere looks expensive, but Glen Cove is close (10-15 min from campus), and may have the better prices on apartments. From what I understand, a lot of NYIT grad students live in that area or nearby. Thats a tough decision about whether or not to commute. Maybe you can talk to current students that do a similar commute (or have done in the past) to see what they say.
As far as dorms, I would probably not do that since its still not on campus (maybe a mile away?). So, If I am going to live off campus, I guess I would prefer an apartment or my own room in a house.
As far as dorms, I would probably not do that since its still not on campus (maybe a mile away?). So, If I am going to live off campus, I guess I would prefer an apartment or my own room in a house.
Haha thats funny....have no idea about the others acceptance but i have a feeling they chose 2 out of 4 of us. Regarding the apartments, i have a few friends from nycom and just like u said theyre scattered around glen cove mostly bc places like mineola, old westbury, or great neck are just unbelievable prices but good news is that its the only downside i see for now with the school so hopefully we made a good decision
Hey dimsim,
What school are you still waiting to hear from? Have you already completed your bachelors?
What school are you still waiting to hear from? Have you already completed your bachelors?
Is anyone that is going to NYIT (starting this May), looking for housing right now? I may be looking for roomates.
ps
I am looking for roomates as well, but I really dont want to commit to someone and end up ditching them because I went to a different school. So I am in a really sticky situation here and I don't know what to do. I guess I will wait till like March and then decide something for sure by then. And by then if you guys still haven't found roomates then maybe we can meet up or message eachother and look for apartments!!
I am looking for roomates as well, but I really dont want to commit to someone and end up ditching them because I went to a different school. So I am in a really sticky situation here and I don't know what to do. I guess I will wait till like March and then decide something for sure by then. And by then if you guys still haven't found roomates then maybe we can meet up or message eachother and look for apartments!!
Hey, first off, congrats! I was accepted too and I am also looking for a place to live. Another girl Jen from Colorado and I have been talking and we have been looking. We joined the facebook page, if that helps, that Chelsea made. If I hear of anything I'll let you know, and I hope to hear from you too!
dimsim,
did you join the facebook group? if not, you should because there are a ton of others on there that may be looking for apartments also. or are you still waiting to hear back from another school like you mentioned earlier?
did you join the facebook group? if not, you should because there are a ton of others on there that may be looking for apartments also. or are you still waiting to hear back from another school like you mentioned earlier?
I am...but I am actually not looking for a roommate anymore. I am sure somebody will get back to you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad