Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How have I not seen A Very Potter Musical until just now?

Internet....you betray me. You should have led me to this place long before.
WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Link please! :)

I was just thinking yesterday I didn't have any fun youtube stuff to share.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it's worth it to call. Most people that interviewed on my date that have posted haven't heard anything yet, and they told us it might be awhile because some of the weekly adcom meetings weren't happening in November. They said they'll be meeting this Friday so I'm hoping. I really, really liked it there. Scratch that... I loved it there.

My Drexel interview is December 4th. It's a Saturday.

I don't think it's worth it to call. Most people that interviewed on my date that have posted haven't heard anything yet, and they told us it might be awhile because some of the weekly adcom meetings weren't happening in November. They said they'll be meeting this Friday so I'm hoping. I really, really liked it there. Scratch that... I loved it there.

My Drexel interview is December 4th. It's a Saturday.
I forgot you already had your Temple interview. Hang tight, then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Your Drexel interview will also be here before you know it! It's a very relaxed day, and the other interviewees were actually pretty great insomuchas being relatively normal and non-socially awkward, hehe.

Obviously, I know how stressful this process is, so all I can really say is keep your chin up. Like you said, you have a very good chance of being accepted from the HP waitlist at Jeff, and I can't imagine you don't get into either Temple or Drexel. You seem like much too smart/interesting/good a person to not make it.

I forgot you already had your Temple interview. Hang tight, then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Your Drexel interview will also be here before you know it! It's a very relaxed day, and the other interviewees were actually pretty great insomuchas being relatively normal and non-socially awkward, hehe.

Obviously, I know how stressful this process is, so all I can really say is keep your chin up. Like you said, you have a very good chance of being accepted from the HP waitlist at Jeff, and I can't imagine you don't get into either Temple or Drexel. You seem like much too smart/interesting/good a person to not make it.

:love: Thanks, darling.

:love: Thanks, darling.

It helps to keep things in perspective. :biglove: And sometimes we just need a pep talk. I certainly did by September - I was totally convinced I wasn't going to get any interviews and I would need to do an SMP and reapp.

In other news, I just discovered all the extra emoticons... rofl - some of them are too good. Still don't know what the heck the dancing lock is about though.

It's an "in before the thread gets locked" thing. :)

To be perfectly honest, I would be totally happy if I only got accepted to Temple. I'd like to have a decision to make (based pretty much entirely on money) but I think I had that "this is home" kinda feeling there, ya know?

To be perfectly honest, I would be totally happy if I only got accepted to Temple. I'd like to have a decision to make (based pretty much entirely on money) but I think I had that "this is home" kinda feeling there, ya know?
Ohhhh, I get it!

And I understand that home feeling. You have to go somewhere where you feel comfortable and can be happy for medical school. That said, I understand the decision being based on $$$ - thank you post-bac for already staggering student loan debt. Just means only apply to schools where you think you'll be happy!

I liked Drexel a lot more than I thought I would, and know I'd be really happy going there, for all others like to down it as a safety school. Just got an e-mail this morning about spending a day in the PBL classes, kind of excited about that!

most important feeling of the whole process

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

Link please! :)

I was just thinking yesterday I didn't have any fun youtube stuff to share.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwM_AKeMCk&feature=relmfu

That is the first video....each one will lead you to the next:)

Deferred at Penn. Still waiting to hear from Temple.
My fingers are crossed for you with Temple!!! It seemed like you liked it the best too. I know a nice girl who will be going there too:)
It helps to keep things in perspective. :biglove: And sometimes we just need a pep talk. I certainly did by September - I was totally convinced I wasn't going to get any interviews and I would need to do an SMP and reapp.

In other news, I just discovered all the extra emoticons... rofl - some of them are too good. Still don't know what the heck the dancing lock is about though.
I STILL don't get that sideways walking monkey....no one will explain it to me.

I haven't changed my bedroom clock yet...because I pretty much never use it as an alarm or even look at it as a clock...and I had a heart attack just now when I woke up and it said 10 o clock because my phone alarm was supposed to go off at 930.

Of course...it is only 9. And I could have gotten another half hour of sleep. But now the adrenaline is going:)

Buying tickets for HP today, yay!

Edit: I think Geeks just turned me into a nevernude. I will be wearing a wetsuit under my clothes from this point on.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My fingers are crossed for you with Temple!!! It seemed like you liked it the best too. I know a nice girl who will be going there too:)
I did, though I've only been to two interviews, and the first I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it there, truthfully. It seemed more like my kind of people, where I'd fit in, ya know?

I don't get the monkey either. I think it's just supposed to be dancing... because it is happy or cool or something. Hell if I know.

Buying tickets for HP today, yay!

That reminds me... I have to ask my mom to babysit. I'm still hoping seeing HP7 Part 1 is part of an acceptance celebratory date.

Hey all you sexy peeps. What's crackin?

So top stories of the day:

1) Playa is banned? What trouble did he get into this time?

2) Geekypoo, fingers crossed for a Temple acceptance.

3) Cougs, I love me a girl in a wetsuit :cool:.

4) Thinking of stirring the pot with all the schools that have been silent to me so far - what do you all think about a pre-interview update letter?

5) Having the worst case of writers block on my UCLA secondary - Everything I write is crap and I really want to do this one right. Anyone have this trouble doing secondaries or is it just me?

6) Is Skyline worth watching? Rotten tomatoes tells me no but the trailers tell me maybe??

7) My sister had some party at her house on Sat and has like pounds of leftover food. She dropped off like 5 bags of chips and a huge cheesecake at my house. Anyone want? :D

1. Yes, but we can't really go into all of it. If you go back a few days here you can see he was being his usual self.

2. Thanks! Please cross all crossables!
6. Maybe... I would see it if we didn't always have to find a babysitter to go to the movies. Turk and Batista vs. Aliens!

4) Thinking of stirring the pot with all the schools that have been silent to me so far - what do you all think about a pre-interview update letter?

5) Having the worst case of writers block on my UCLA secondary - Everything I write is crap and I really want to do this one right. Anyone have this trouble doing secondaries or is it just me?

6) Is Skyline worth watching? Rotten tomatoes tells me no but the trailers tell me maybe??

7) My sister had some party at her house on Sat and has like pounds of leftover food. She dropped off like 5 bags of chips and a huge cheesecake at my house. Anyone want? :D

I was thinking the same thing. I think I'm going to update only a few of the schools, not really all of them. I should probably start writing a nice letter...

UCLA wasn't too bad, if I remember correctly....you should be fine

I knew November would be a BIG month, wasn't sure if it would be a good BIG month of a bad BIG month

another rejection...

ROFL! Is that because of the zombie thread?
Hahhaa, yes:)

no news turned out to be a waitlist. darnit. I thought the wait meant I might get a nice phone call. I had my hopes super high for that school too =\
I'm sorry dude:( I know you liked it there. They hate me too. Lets hate them back.

Pre Numbering: I was just thinking today that this thread used to be so much sexier....what happened to the blatant flirting? We need to reinstate that.

1.) No comment
2.) Ditto
3.) As soon as you break up with your girlfriend you are next in line for Coug's Crush of the Week :D
4.) :thumbup:
5.) I am happy to help with secondaries and I have several people in this thread as a reference. Though I have no idea what they might say. So maybe research my references first;)
6.) It looks like one of those movies that, even if it sucks, is still worth seeing in the theater for the effects.
7.) That is just a silly question. I will be at home all day today and in SD all day tomorrow. Please email me for a convenient drop off location.

Addendum: Yes...I realize that a period and a parenthesis (parenthetic?) after a number is redundant....but that is just how I roll.

Any 360 geniuses in the house? I'm trying to save all of my various games so I can put them on my new system.....but I'm running into problems with Viva Pinata which does not give me the option to change storage devices when saving.

I'm sorry dude:( I know you liked it there. They hate me too. Lets hate them back.

1.) No comment
2.) Ditto
3.) As soon as you break up with your girlfriend you are next in line for Coug's Crush of the Week :D
4.) :thumbup:
5.) I am happy to help with secondaries and I have several people in this thread as a reference. Though I have no idea what they might say. So maybe research my references first;)
6.) It looks like one of those movies that, even if it sucks, is still worth seeing in the theater for the effects.
7.) That is just a silly question. I will be at home all day today and in SD all day tomorrow. Please email me for a convenient drop off location.

Addendum: Yes...I realize that a period and a parenthesis (parenthetic?) after a number is redundant....but that is just how I roll.

Any 360 geniuses in the house? I'm trying to save all of my various games so I can put them on my new system.....but I'm running into problems with Viva Pinata which does not give me the option to change storage devices when saving.
I bought a HDD transfer cable. They're a little expensive but whatever.

Dang they hate you too? Wtf... Also, this wl makes me so nervous for the clinic (and all my other schools), since it's (they're) even more selective. IDK anymore.

BTW CO was awesome and I would be so happy there, although it is a little more expensive than I thought.

Lol. Vick got jailed for dogfighting and McNabb did some Campbell's soup commercials. Your dad is pretty funny.:D

Right, I know about Vick and McNabb (I looooooveeee football!), but it's still not funny when he sends me the same text like 30 times!!! (And shhh, we can't let him know that anyone thinks he's funny... that will make him even more obnoxious!)

Edit: Also congrats to the new acceptees, sorry to those with rejections/still haven't heard. Hang in there everyone!

Last edited:
Hahhaa, yes:)

Pre Numbering: I was just thinking today that this thread used to be so much sexier....what happened to the blatant flirting? We need to reinstate that.

I don't really want to go to a school that doesn't have the potential of you being in it. Jus' sayin.

Also, re: sex factor, I agree. There is a lack of shameless flirtation in this thread as of late.

I bought a HDD transfer cable. They're a little expensive but whatever.

Dang they hate you too? Wtf... Also, this wl makes me so nervous for the clinic (and all my other schools), since it's (they're) even more selective. IDK anymore.

BTW CO was awesome and I would be so happy there, although it is a little more expensive than I thought.

But Flow, I felt that way after my hold at Case, but honestly it's really unpredictable. You might have that special "it" factor that the Clinic is looking for. Each school is different. It's hard to avoid paranoia in this process, but good news will come.

Also, Geeks, Penn is stupid. I loved it there, but really they are silly to defer you. I'm soooo glad you loved Temple though. I'll cross everything in hopes of you getting in.

Thanks, Whimsy. Who knows, maybe they'll change their mind. As long as I get in somewhere, I don't really care.

Okay... so this is supposedly the hot Christmas toy this year. Chicklet is not getting one. Apparently it sounds like a wolverine in heat and it looks like a freakin' blow-up doll. http://singamajigshq.com/

right-ad.jpg

Thanks, Whimsy. Who knows, maybe they'll change their mind. As long as I get in somewhere, I don't really care.

Okay... so this is supposedly the hot Christmas toy this year. Chicklet is not getting one. Apparently it sounds like a wolverine in heat and it looks like a freakin' blow-up doll. http://singamajigshq.com/

right-ad.jpg

Wow...I don't think those dolls are appropriate for children. They look like hybrid fraggle/gummi bear adult entertainment dolls.

right-ad.jpg

Ummm, how is this the year's hottest toy? It looks so creepy...

Oh boy... just had what I think was my worst interview ever. I'm usually a good or decent interviewer. Not my day today. Some very pointed questions. Definitely my worst med school interview by far. Top DO choice - hope I didn't blow it.

Now I'm gonna have soup and pass out for a bit before my doctor's appointment. Hopefully I shake this off before Thursday's interview.

Oh boy... just had what I think was my worst interview ever. I'm usually a good or decent interviewer. Not my day today. Some very pointed questions. Definitely my worst med school interview by far. Top DO choice - hope I didn't blow it.

Now I'm gonna have soup and pass out for a bit before my doctor's appointment. Hopefully I shake this off before Thursday's interview.
PM where, please

i bet the "year's hottest toys" are just bought off marketing schemes..

damn, the '15 regulars got killed out here the last 2 days (except big congrats to whimsy :thumbup:). same result w/ me flow at that school. and same result with me geeks at that school. no love from my own state, wtf.

Penn was always a reach, I just thought it was a more attainable reach after I made the MCAT my bitch. Oh well. I mean what I said earlier, I'll be perfectly happy if I just get an acceptance from Temple and that's it.

Sounds like Penn is missing out on some of my best future colleagues.

I was looking at some of my future MS1 textbooks, and I realized one of them was written by a faculty member who interviewed me at a different school. He seemed like a really cool guy too. Small world.

Noooooo! :(:(:( I'm really bummed to read about all the bad news that's going out to everyone this week. I haven't gotten any news in weeks, and I have a feeling I won't get any until the new year.

Cougs - we need a sexy icebreaker question in order to reinstate flirtation. Can you think of any?