Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm moving mid-July. Still haven't found a house yet though. No one seems to want a tenant with a 100lb dog :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No joke.

So, who's moving when?

01 July is when I fly out to NYC! I think we get our keys early morning, so he is doing that, and I'm just meeting him at the place in the PM when I arrive. Then we're going to crash all the local stores to buy up **** for my rooooomm and kitchen! :)

If anyone is in or around NYC from July to mid-August, this is an open invitation to play with me. I'm going to be mega bored. :) (I should probably direct this towards my classmates in our FB group too lol)

Moving in less than a week. Eeek!

Choosing what non-essential things to take along with me has become such an ordeal. I want all my things!

No joke.

So, who's moving when?

July 15th... making the completely anti-climactic 15 minute drive from where I currently live to my new place on campus. I'm gonna drive slow for added profundity. :(

July 15th... making the completely anti-climactic 15 minute drive from where I currently live to my new place on campus. I'm gonna drive slow for added profundity. :(

Lol. That's hilarious....and I envy you.

+1... about 20 mins drive though

Lol. That's hilarious....and I envy you.

It gets worse- I'm moving in the exact direction closer to my parent's house... Here's to getting my laundry done into my late 20's :rolleyes:

01 July is when I fly out to NYC! I think we get our keys early morning, so he is doing that, and I'm just meeting him at the place in the PM when I arrive. Then we're going to crash all the local stores to buy up **** for my rooooomm and kitchen! :)

I'm going to be furnishing my place on my own. Shopping with my future roommate would have been way funner.

It gets worse- I'm moving in the exact direction closer to my parent's house... Here's to getting my laundry done into my late 20's :rolleyes:

Sweet! lol

A friend of mine did the same thing through med school. Now he's married and his wife does his laundry so he basically never had to do his own laundry in his life! Men :rolleyes:

A friend of mine did the same thing through med school. Now he's married and his wife does his laundry so he basically never had to do his own laundry in his life! Men :rolleyes:

Hey! Keep your misandry out of this thread! My mother is constantly offering to do my clothes and I am constantly declining. I love doing my clothes.

Also, I'm driving 1900 miles on July 14th. Should be moving into my place on the 17th.

Hey! Keep your misandry out of this thread! My mother is constantly offering to do my clothes and I am constantly declining. I love doing my clothes.

Also, I'm driving 1900 miles on July 14th. Should be moving into my place on the 17th.

Good for you, spazz !:) I honestly can't hate on anyone (male or female) if they just got it like that.

Moving.

Overwhelmed.

Miss 2015.

I miss CougarMD! The thread lacks sex appeal without the Cougs.

Good luck moving. I feel your pain.

Night for realz this time. Happy weekend, 2015. Goodnight, Addo!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted off my IS's WL... right after I pretty much finalized my HMS decision. I think I'll stick with what I have.. I'm very tempted to go with my IS choice tho. I may let them give me some numbers first.

I'm still not sure when I'm moving. My husband has 3 job possibilities in Miami, and 2 of them would likely make us move before the end of June. Otherwise, it will be 3rd week of July. We're going to look at apartments June 9th.

Also, grats Flow! :)

I'm moving into a 3br/3.5bath condo 2 miles from the beach and literally around the corner from the school that is fully furnished and will cost me 900/mo including cable/internet/water/gas and has a year-long lease so I can stay for the summer (for comparison, others are paying 900/mo for UNfurnished 1br/1bath miles further from the beach/school and not including utilities)...but the move-in day is aug 19. School starts Aug 1. So I'm going to be sharing a 1bedroom 1 bathroom long-term motel room with my roomies for the first 3 weeks and consequently not moving until the last minute (awesome... :rolleyes: ) to save money on the motel...

Moving.

Overwhelmed.

Miss 2015.

Welcome back?? :confused:

Got accepted off my IS's WL... right after I pretty much finalized my HMS decision. I think I'll stick with what I have.. I'm very tempted to go with my IS choice tho. I may let them give me some numbers first.

Haha, funny how the world works...To avoid all of that confusion, I took myself off waitlists after I finalized my roommate/school decision in March. :)

It'll be a tough choice--but I'm guessing you're drawn to your state school bc of $? It IS HMS though...

I'm moving into a 3br/3.5bath condo 2 miles from the beach and literally around the corner from the school that is fully furnished and will cost me 900/mo including cable/internet/water/gas and has a year-long lease so I can stay for the summer (for comparison, others are paying 900/mo for UNfurnished 1br/1bath miles further from the beach/school and not including utilities)...but the move-in day is aug 19. School starts Aug 1. So I'm going to be sharing a 1bedroom 1 bathroom long-term motel room with my roomies for the first 3 weeks and consequently not moving until the last minute (awesome... :rolleyes: ) to save money on the motel...

Haha, I didn't know about the motel room thing/move in date...but hey, at least it's a motel split amongst three people. Hopefully you still save money in the end! :)

Damn, you guys are already moving/have move dates planned out already?! My future roommate and I basically just started looking into apartments. I feel so behind! :smuggrin:

Lol, well we're only set because we need to establish NYS residency....I have no idea why everyone else is moving early lol.

If I get a dorm I'll be moving in July 29th or something.

Damn, you guys are already moving/have move dates planned out already?! My future roommate and I basically just started looking into apartments. I feel so behind! :smuggrin:

My orientation is end of July and I have a whole fam to move....otherwise it wouldn't be so early for sure.

LOL

I moved almost a year ago. Getting accepted to a school 10 min away FTW!

LT, good luck with that. How far do you have to move?

Nice! We are moving about 1200 miles with an 18 month old, dog, and me still in a sling. It should be good times...NOT ;).

Nice! We are moving about 1200 miles with an 18 month old, dog, and me still in a sling. It should be good times...NOT ;).

Ouch! Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you got your place, Limetime! :)

At least you have a sense of humor about it! Hopefully you'll be all healed up before you know it. But I do feel for you, that's quite an undertaking.

GL CLASS OF 2015! ionno bout u guys but med (medical) school is going to be soooooooooooooooooooooo freaking hard for me.

1115-cupcakes-90210-credit.jpg

Oh boy, good luck with your move!

GL CLASS OF 2015! ionno bout u guys but med (medical) school is going to be soooooooooooooooooooooo freaking hard for me.

1115-cupcakes-90210-credit.jpg

You and me both! :) I haven't been in school for about 9 months and my brain is already turning to mush...like, I can't even add or divide anymore. :O

And now...today's installment of "Texting with Trio"

Me: Dude...I want Five Guys SO BAD right now.

Trio: Me too. Though, I think that may be 3 guys too many for most people.

Thank you for tuning in for "Texting with Trio"

ummm...wth, TS. Is that pic supposed to signify or mean something?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you for sharing that.

Anyone else getting scared that this is REALLY happening?

Yes. Except that it's more of an emotional rollercoaster where one day I'm ecstatic and the next I'm overwhelmed and then I'm sad cause I'm leaving everyone. I need school to start to get my mind off of the fact that so much is changing.

Oh and TS, her cupcakes are just aight for me :|.

Sadly, this actually did happen. Except I said "don't we all...

Yes. Except that it's more of an emotional rollercoaster where one day I'm ecstatic and the next I'm overwhelmed and then I'm sad cause I'm leaving everyone. I need school to start to get my mind off of the fact that so much is changing.

Oh and TS, her cupcakes are just aight for me :|.

I am not even thinking about it right now :) (Don't wanna get all butt hurt about how I may or may not do well)

I have no idea when I'm moving in or exactly where yet lol. Do you guys think I should get a studio for myself or find some random roomie from the facebook group?

You sound suprrised that I would say something like that...

I have no idea when I'm moving in or exactly where yet lol. Do you guys think I should get a studio for myself or find some random roomie from the facebook group?

I can say that if you're "lucky" like I was, you'll find the bestest roommie ever from the internet! :)

I am not even thinking about it right now :) (Don't wanna get all butt hurt about how I may or may not do well)

I pretty much assume everyone in this thread will end up a superstar in med school and predict we all match our top choices. But yea...better not to worry about that stuff at the moment. Right now I'm just wondering how I'm gonna furnish an apartment on the third floor...with no elevator.

Nope. Not Indian. I'm not a fan of the bag honestly. I'm more of an oversized handbag kind of girl...got any pics of those :).

Tough choice. Thing is you can't figure people out off of facebook and you don't want to end up with roommate drama and distractions.

Oh, and congratulations on UCSF! UCSF is like :love:. Great city too.

I pretty much assume everyone in this thread will end up a superstar in med school and predict we all match our top choices. But yea...better not to worry about that stuff at the moment. Right now I'm just wondering how I'm gonna furnish an apartment on the third floor...with no elevator.

I raise you one floor (quite literally). The roomie and I are in a fourth floor walkup. I'm actually glad though...he planned things out VERY well by arranging a delivery service for all the stuff he's bringing--which is most of the apartment furniture. I'm going to be using Ikea delivery service to have them deliver the 166kg (365 lbs) worth of stuff I'm buying from Ikea (I was looking at furniture on Ikea.com and saved it to a "list"--that's the figure they gave me..)...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that but glad to hear you got your place, Limetime! :)

At least you have a sense of humor about it! Hopefully you'll be all healed up before you know it. But I do feel for you, that's quite an undertaking.

Thanks so much! It is all good. It is a huge relief to have a place. At least I can boast a ground floor, so no 4th floor walk up here. Maybe I will just make the most of it and sit back with a cool beverage and boss people around ;).