Class of 2016 Acceptances- Statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I'm not going to lie, your views on rural areas and people living in them are pretty offensive. I grew up in a town of about 300 people. I also often did have a red neck from working outside so much. However, I managed to get a full ride to my state university where I'll be graduating with a 4.0 and a degree in molecular biology and chemistry. So it looks like my "crappest" school system taught me well. My classmates are doing just fine too.

Also, even if a lot of people in rural areas are uneducated, at least they're nice. They understand the value of hard work. You should probably do your best to stay away from broad, stupid generalizations :thumbup: .

That whole post is laughable. Rome, GA isn't rural! I also grew up in a small town, went to public schools and have done just fine. Most of my family members are farmers or blue collar workers. It's disheartening to me to see people who understand so little about life outside of their privileged, pampered little circles.

I went to a public high school too...but it was in a nice area. One of the top 10% schools in NC. I am not privileged but I just rather live in a place where I can have easy access to things.

The mall in Rome only had like 15 stores! :eek: Its rural!!!

What I mean is that as pharmacist we would have more money than our parents so we would want to live in places with nicer schools just in case we want children.

You have a son and I am sure you would make enough money to send him to a very nice school. You would rather do that than send him to a school with less resources right? You want him to be as smart as possible right? So you must live in a nice area and send him to a nice school! that is all I mean to say. Now that we can afford to we would WANT TO do that! :) Of course I wasn't talking about the past...who cares about the past...we are looking at the FUTURE. In the future you as a pharmacist will make a lot more money than before...so you would want to improve your lifestyle and live in nicer areas. What happen in the past doesn't matter. I am talking future here only. My apologies if I offended anyone about their past...I only mean to talk about the future.

I think we should send SHC on a vacation to the ghettos of philly or to cabrini green in chicago. It can be a service learning experience!

EDIT: so I googled cabrini green. The last time I was there was in 94. Although I've been to chitown many times after that. Apparently the whole place has been demolished/gentrified. Guess we'll have to send SHC to chicago's south side.

I did service learning for my pharmacy school....I clean horse poo for 30 hrs P1 year and 22 hrs P3 years. Fun stuff.

I was in the Bronx before...I know ghetto! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oh, so what you're saying is that white people ruin everything? I agree! :D:smuggrin:

lol what I'm saying is that after this whole global warming ozone layer depletion water crisis changing demographics happens the white people might be doomed ;) But don't worry! There's always room in my igloo for you and your medicaid babies. It's going to get colder after all when the ice caps melt :D

I went to a public high school too...but it was in a nice area. One of the top 10% schools in NC. I am not privileged but I just rather live in a place where I can have easy access to things.

The mall in Rome only had like 15 stores! :eek: Its rural!!!

What I mean is that as pharmacist we would have more money than our parents so we would want to live in places with nicer schools just in case we want children.

You have a son and I am sure you would make enough money to send him to a very nice school. You would rather do that than send him to a school with less resources right? You want him to be as smart as possible right? So you must live in a nice area and send him to a nice school! that is all I mean to say. Now that we can afford to we would WANT TO do that! :) Of course I wasn't talking about the past...who cares about the past...we are looking at the FUTURE. In the future you as a pharmacist will make a lot more money than before...so you would want to improve your lifestyle and live in nicer areas. What happen in the past doesn't matter. I am talking future here only. My apologies if I offended anyone about their past...I only mean to talk about the future.

I did service learning for my pharmacy school....I clean horse poo for 30 hrs P1 year and 22 hrs P3 years. Fun stuff.

I was in the Bronx before...I know ghetto! :cool:

You were in the Bronx for like what? Five minutes? You come here and we can stay at my unemployed cousin's projects apartment and watch how many hookers walk by and how many drug deals happen. Then we'll take a walk around the block to Crip territory and ask one of them for a smoke ;) not the legal kind.

Members don't see this ad :)
You were in the Bronx for like what? Five minutes? You come here and we can stay at my unemployed cousin's projects apartment and watch how many hookers walk by and how many drug deals happen. Then we'll take a walk around the block to Crip territory and ask one of them for a smoke ;) not the legal kind.

2 or 3 hrs...VERY scary...first time I saw rats the size of cats too! :eek: Nastiest place I have ever been in my life. If you can't live in Mannhattan, NY...Live somewhere else!

SHC1984 -

If I offended you. I'm sorry. I move on.

Last edited:
SHC1984 -

If I offended you. I'm sorry. I move on.

Nah man, it's all good. I said some stuff I shouldn't have either. My apologies too.

I think we all just want to be able to find a good job that's all...with the job market being so bad there will be tons of stress and crazy comments thrown around. :oops: I hope you don't take it to heart either.

I hope we all can find a job in the near future...if not then I am putting my loans on income base repayment! LOL...I'll be able to find something else to do though...so I guess it won't be the end of the world. No matter what we will all live so it should be alright! :)

Not to go off-topic, but some of the stats of people who got into Pharmacy school is kind of shocking for me.

I suppose, in US, it's a little easier to get into Pharmacy school, but a 3.3 GPA would not get you admitted into a Canadian school. Perhaps it's because we only have 8 (English) Pharmacy schools in all of Canada?

Most universities recommend a minimum of 3.5 GPA.

Not to go off-topic, but some of the stats of people who got into Pharmacy school is kind of shocking for me.

I suppose, in US, it's a little easier to get into Pharmacy school, but a 3.3 GPA would not get you admitted into a Canadian school. Perhaps it's because we only have 8 (English) Pharmacy schools in all of Canada?

Most universities recommend a minimum of 3.5 GPA.

Well amen I'm not in Canada or I might as well shine shoes for burger flippers

Date PharmCAS was mailed: Dec 1, 2011

Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): University of New Mexico, University of Charleston (West Virginia), University of Hawaii, University of Iowa, Virginia Commonwealth.

Date Interview Scheduled: UNM (Feb 11th), UoC (Feb 17th), UoH (Feb 22). Declined interviews with Iowa and Virginia.

Accepted (indicate school attending): UNM (attending), UoC. Waitlisted for UoH.

PCAT: 79 composite
GPA(Overall, Science): 2.7, 2.5.

Extracurricular/Experience: 8 Years as a pharmacy technician, community service, teaching/lab assistant experience. Life experience.

The biggest obstacle I had to overcome was my GPA. I was extremely fortunate to be granted an interview. Willing to answer questions if anyone has any.:)
Congratulation!! If you can share how many school you applied with your stat would be great.