Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea warm weather in Cali is beautiful, warm weather in Florida is 95 degrees with insane humidity. No thank you. I'll be happy to get back up North soon. I love the cold :).

Someone mentioned shots. I'll take a double of Blue Label on ice if the offer still stands. :thumbup:

How's Vandy in the winter? Tennessee is probably gross in the summer with humidity?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah! I forgot you were in Japan. Haha.

1. Hahaha. It's my life, unfortunately. Currently, my life is too boring and has zero drama. That scenario is what one of my friends is going through at the moment.

2. Mine too! :thumbup:

3. I keep one, sort of. I've been slacking lately as classes end, but I remember when I've made plans with someone.

4. Exactly.

5. That's a perk of having friends who fling themselves into drama. There's no drama surrounding me, but I get to hear all the stuff that's going on.

6. Woot. Let's see who'll win this round.

BFF: I wouldn't. He flaked on you first, he's just keeping his promise this way. :D Guilt-trip? Psh. It's not like you tricked him into dating you or something. Just a bite to eat. No worries. :)
In summary, yes, my life too isn't too interesting. My girl BFF though is all super-involved socially. She's currently flirting with 5 guys and I get to hear all about it. I think I would be afraid to be involved with five guys! haha. She gets to hear my med school app drama :)

Hm, yeah, i hope he's just making it up because he flaked! good news is I still get chick-fil-a Wednesday :D
Stay and play with me!
I'm still here. entertain me, bookfreak :(

Members don't see this ad :)
In summary, yes, my life too isn't too interesting. My girl BFF though is all super-involved socially. She's currently flirting with 5 guys and I get to hear all about it. I think I would be afraid to be involved with five guys! haha. She gets to hear my med school app drama :)

Hm, yeah, i hope he's just making it up because he flaked! good news is I still get chick-fil-a Wednesday :D

I'm still here. entertain me, bookfreak :(

I wouldn't do that. That's not my style. Haha.

Can you believe I've never had Chick-fil-a? I'm an embarrassment to my state. Hahaha.

Don't be sad! :D

Oh hai, girl, should've said something earlier!
You're now my c/o 2016 bff of the week because we live in the same state and have the same twisted sleep pattern :D:love:

*highfives*

When are you finished with your classes? What are you going to do over the summer?

Top!!

Finally!!!! :D :D :D
FInally! COngrats :hardy:

Yup, exactly! I'm a one man type of girl; five would just not be normal for me.

You've never had it :eek:

Now that I know we're from the same state (socal yes?), we should get chick-fil-a! :D

FInally! COngrats :hardy:

Yup, exactly! I'm a one man type of girl; five would just not be normal for me.

You've never had it :eek:

Now that I know we're from the same state (socal yes?), we should get chick-fil-a! :D

Thank you, thank you. :)

Yes, ma'am.

*highfives*

When are you finished with your classes? What are you going to do over the summer?
I get done next week! I have a final Monday and Thursday. This week is supposed to be just studying, but I'm taking the opportunity of light classes and focusing on my app :thumbup:
Then, next Friday I leave for India for my aunt's wedding.
Summer...I'm trying to secure this research position, so we'll see. If not, might just TA/tutor like I do throughout the year for chemistry.
Oh, and you know, the 40 odd secondaries :ninja:

you?

I get done next week! I have a final Monday and Thursday. This week is supposed to be just studying, but I'm taking the opportunity of light classes and focusing on my app :thumbup:
Then, next Friday I leave for India for my aunt's wedding.
Summer...I'm trying to secure this research position, so we'll see. If not, might just TA/tutor like I do throughout the year for chemistry.
Oh, and you know, the 40 odd secondaries :ninja:

you?

Blegh. Finish classes next Thursday. Then work and filling out secondaries. Woohoo, what an awesome summer. :lame:

Traveling to India sounds fun. Have you visited often?

Blegh. Finish classes next Thursday. Then work and filling out secondaries. Woohoo, what an awesome summer. :lame:

Traveling to India sounds fun. Have you visited often?
so finals for you then?
Yeah, secondaries filled summer.
Like I told a friend, I'm spending the summer making the money so I can spend it on secondaries :mad:

Yeah, I've been a couple of times. Can't go too long because I get bored, but I'm going for a good two weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
How's Vandy in the winter? Tennessee is probably gross in the summer with humidity?

I love the winter there. The Fall is always my favorite though since the campus is so nice and all of the leaves change (I'd never seen that until I left Florida). Last winter snowed more often than usual, but it was light compared to up north. In the winter the highs are high 30's/low 40's and lows are mid 20's/low 30's. The summer is just as bad as Florida. This week it was mid 90's in Nashville with Florida-like humidity. I'm only in Nashville for the good weather though :) (school starts late August).

Florida doesn't sound nice at all...gross

Many places are gross in the Summer, the problem with Florida is that it averages 80 or higher for 8-9 months of the year, and always with high humidity. If you're inland there is no breeze to help. December-February are usually quite nice here though.

so finals for you then?
Yeah, secondaries filled summer.
Like I told a friend, I'm spending the summer making the money so I can spend it on secondaries :mad:

Yeah, I've been a couple of times. Can't go too long because I get bored, but I'm going for a good two weeks.

Yes, finals next week. Boooo.

Two weeks sounds like a good amount of time, IMO. Not too short, not too long.

Yes, finals next week. Boooo.

Two weeks sounds like a good amount of time, IMO. Not too short, not too long.
We're on the same finals schedule!
seriously, I thought only my school had finals next week because I'm not at a UC.
If I'm not mistaken, all the UCs on quarter system have finals this week?

Yep, two weeks should be good! then I come back to reality haha

:laugh: Don't worry, I trust you. Hooray for meet-ups!
YAY! :love: we will plan for one amidst the secondaries stress :)

Vandy, what are you still doing up and creepin?

I love the winter there. The Fall is always my favorite though since the campus is so nice and all of the leaves change (I'd never seen that until I left Florida). Last winter snowed more often than usual, but it was light compared to up north. In the winter the highs are high 30's/low 40's and lows are mid 20's/low 30's. The summer is just as bad as Florida. This week it was mid 90's in Nashville with Florida-like humidity. I'm only in Nashville for the good weather though :) (school starts late August).

Same here. I've never see real "fall"/"winter" before until I went to undergrad. The fall was so pretty and the trees made the campus look awesome.

:eek: to the bolded. I would never leave my A/C'd room.

Many places are gross in the Summer, the problem with Florida is that it averages 80 or higher for 8-9 months of the year, and always with high humidity. If you're inland there is no breeze to help. December-February are usually quite nice here though.

Except for California, no humidity. Too bad the temperatures are freaking crazy, but not as bad as the valleys or Arizona, New Mexico and the like, I guess.

Same here. I've never see real "fall"/"winter" before until I went to undergrad. The fall was so pretty and the trees made the campus look awesome.

:eek: to the bolded. I would never leave my A/C'd room.

Except for California, no humidity. Too bad the temperatures are freaking crazy, but not as bad as the valleys or Arizona, New Mexico and the like, I guess.
Yup, in my city, we get temperatures in the 100s-110s, but it just feels "hot," not gross and sweaty. :thumbup:

We're on the same finals schedule!
seriously, I thought only my school had finals next week because I'm not at a UC.
If I'm not mistaken, all the UCs on quarter system have finals this week?

Yep, two weeks should be good! then I come back to reality haha

Yup, but my finals aren't till next week. Thank goodness for that, I need to sit down and study for them.

YAY! :love: we will plan for one amidst the secondaries stress :)

Be ready for a flurry of PMs coming your way during the summer. :laugh:

Vandy, what are you still doing up and creepin?

This.

Yup, but my finals aren't till next week. Thank goodness for that, I need to sit down and study for them.

Be ready for a flurry of PMs coming your way during the summer. :laugh:

This.

More study time yes, but also, fb will blow up with all my UC friends saying, "OMG SUMMER IZ HERE!!!!!!!!" while I'm studying :mad:
PM's make me feel speaciallllllll! Bring it :cool:

Last edited:
So you don't go to a UC, correct?
More study time yes, but also, fb will blow up with all my UC friends saying, "OMG SUMMER IZ HERE!!!!!!!!" while I'm studying :mad:
PM's make me feel speaciallllllll! Bring it :cool:

Don't forget that they also post their beach/having fun pics as well. :laugh:

I wouldn't do that. That's not my style. Haha.

Can you believe I've never had Chick-fil-a? I'm an embarrassment to my state. Hahaha.

Don't be sad! :D

Well, to be fair, it definitely seems like a SoCal thing as I have not seen any Chick-Fil-A's back in my hometown in NorCal, so don't feel bad.

Florida doesn't sound nice at all...gross.

Think soldier is buying for his going-to-be-awesome MCAT score :thumbup:

Think I'm going to keep this restricted to West Coast peeps only, I'm not made of money and you guys seem to have expensive tastes :rolleyes:

Although if I get 35+, I'm ordering bottle service at Vegas :cool::cool:

Don't forget that they also post their beach/having fun pics as well. :laugh:
YES! OMG I KNOW! I've been dealing with that with all the semester peeps!
Well, to be fair, it definitely seems like a SoCal thing as I have not seen any Chick-Fil-A's back in my hometown in NorCal, so don't feel bad.

Think I'm going to keep this restricted to West Coast peeps only, I'm not made of money and you guys seem to have expensive tastes :rolleyes:

Hm, see, I've been in socal all my life so I was surprised. A friend of mine has a "I love chick-fil-a" sticker on his lab coat:thumbup:
Hm, nevermind! haha
Oh man, then 35+ it is for you! you got this :luck:

Really? Didn't know that.

:cool:

yes! Omg i know! I've been dealing with that with all the semester peeps!

Hm, see, i've been in socal all my life so i was surprised. A friend of mine has a "i love chick-fil-a" sticker on his lab coat:thumbup:
Hm, nevermind! Haha
oh man, then 35+ it is for you! You got this :luck:

+1.

From this thread, I've heard/read about a ton of food places I'd never heard of before! ....and I considered myself a foodie :mad:

Forgot about this part. Can't have a restaurant run without something to burn off the load of excess calories. :thumbdown:
Exactly; especially after restaurants are required to put their nutrition information someplace in the store. I've actually NOT ordered something after I saw the calorie count.

I started Insanity on Saturday, and I haven't been able to continue because I was SORE sunday and monday :(

Exactly; especially after restaurants are required to put their nutrition information someplace in the store. I've actually NOT ordered something after I saw the calorie count.

I started Insanity on Saturday, and I haven't been able to continue because I was SORE sunday and monday :(

I have this too. I'm about to start the second month, which is supposedly harder than the first, if that's even possible.

You have to exercise through the soreness. I was sore for like a week, but your body gets used to it and is able to recover.

I have this too. I'm about to start the second month, which is supposedly harder than the first, if that's even possible.

You have to exercise through the soreness. I was sore for like a week, but your body gets used to it and is able to recover.
Oh gosh! I'm having trouble getting through a week, let alone a month! so you're starting month 2 soon? after finals?
Uh yeah, my back cracked every time I moved haha I've never felt this sore in my life and I used to work out hardcore freshman year of college. I'm getting old. I'll probably resume tomorrow though haha

Oh gosh! I'm having trouble getting through a week, let alone a month! so you're starting month 2 soon? after finals?
Uh yeah, my back cracked every time I moved haha I've never felt this sore in my life and I used to work out hardcore freshman year of college. I'm getting old. I'll probably resume tomorrow though haha

Seriously. I was dying. I am now in the habit of telling Shawn T to stuff it whenever he starts babbling. I haven't seen him finish a single one of his workouts because he goes and focuses on other people. :laugh:

I'm starting month 2 tomorrow :scared:

Yeah, my back was acting up as well, but after I got into the groove and learned how to do each exercise properly, I don't have problems anymore.

Seriously. I was dying. I am now in the habit of telling Shawn T to stuff it whenever he starts babbling. I haven't seen him finish a single one of his workouts because he goes and focuses on other people. :laugh:

I'm starting month 2 tomorrow :scared:

Yeah, my back was acting up as well, but after I got into the groove and learned how to do each exercise properly, I don't have problems anymore.
I know what you mean! seriously haha
but like, I can never keep up. I've been taking cheating break haha

Good luck with month 2!

so it's more wrong exercising versus soreness? I'll check my form next time :thumbup:

I know what you mean! seriously haha
but like, I can never keep up. I've been taking cheating break haha

Good luck with month 2!

so it's more wrong exercising versus soreness? I'll check my form next time :thumbup:

Back pain/weirdness is different from soreness. The former is from improper form, the latter from not exercising in a while.

Instead of 30 second breaks, I would give myself 3-5 minute breaks, LOL.

Back pain/weirdness is different from soreness. The former is from improper form, the latter from not exercising in a while.

Instead of 30 second breaks, I would give myself 3-5 minute breaks, LOL.
Hm, I'll more closely analyze my back next time.
I've pulled my lower back muscle before due to wring exercising.

3-5 min? Try 10-15 haha. I did it in chunks, but it was annoying since I would bring my heart rate down and shoot it back up 15 minutes later. Doesn't seem too healthy haah

Hm, I'll more closely analyze my back next time.
I've pulled my lower back muscle before due to wring exercising.

3-5 min? Try 10-15 haha. I did it in chunks, but it was annoying since I would bring my heart rate down and shoot it back up 15 minutes later. Doesn't seem too healthy haah

:confused: What's that?

Yeah, I did this too. Didn't know it was bad for you. :(

Ugh, I'm clearly tired. I mean WRONG!

I assumed it is? you're only shooting your heart rate up and down suddenly. I hope it's healthy haha

Oh, okay. Makes sense. :laugh:

I think I'm going to sleep now. I have to wake up earlier than usual tomorrow, but this was a great distraction. We're almost at the next page, hahaha.

Good night, berries. :D

For bookfreak (and those lurking)
Good night/morning!
This is abnormal for someone with an 8am course so I'll catch everyone tomorrow :)

This. and after I've started working out.:scared:

This, got to get into prime interview shape, especially if I'm not going to be wearing a shirt for said interviews (maximize my chances for success :thumbup: :p)

okay, now I'm off to bed, need to rest up for MCAT physics Tuesday

you're only shooting your heart rate up and down suddenly. I hope it's healthy haha

It's not unhealthy. In fact, it's recommended (called 'interval training', i.e. all-out sprints followed by periods of rest) if you want to burn calories. The idea is that if your heart rate has a lot of fluctuation, your body is constantly under stress, the good kind.

It takes more calories to increase a heart rate than it takes to maintain a steady one, and usually the 'maintain' heart rate is significantly lower than a post-sprint heart rate, so the fluctuation that comes with interval training is optimum for calorie burning.

I hope that made some sense. Bottom line: yes to interval training.

That sound just about perfect to me. I have only having 3 or 4 months of really warm/hot weather.

sorry for the long multiquote, but I am a lame full time worker who has to go to bed early and misses out on all the cool stuff. :D

10 days til MCAT :scared:
:xf::luck:

Waiting for MCAT scores sucks even more.

Yes it does, but only two more weeks! :scared:

I absolutely, positively HATE humidity. Cold weather preferred every single time.

I have to agree with this, but I'd rather have the hot weather without the humidity. I grew up in Montana and cold didn't bother me until I moved to Tucson. I got spoiled.

I'm bored.

I've run out of people to stalk on fb (scapegoats wanted. volunteers?:p)
I'll volunteer! but I"m not very active or exciting. lol

From this thread, I've heard/read about a ton of food places I'd never heard of before! ....and I considered myself a foodie :mad:

Best place ever - EEGEES! It's only in Tucson though. :cry:

Oh my gosh, looks like I can't go to sleep anymore cuz I'll miss out on all of the fun! My normal sleep pattern is sleeping around 11 or 12 and waking up at 7, though today I slept in until 830. Gah, off to study now