Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can't believe we surpassed 2015...

now onto 2014... they'll never see it coming!

Members don't see this ad.

Mmmmmmm meat.

texas-de-brazil.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Hee hee! We've been together for ten and married for six. :)

Awww happy anniversary! :)

I had dinner at my parents' house today for my older brother's birthday. Sooo good...we had cioppino, salad with homemade honey mustard dressing, bread, and chocolate mousse for dessert. :love:

and OMGZ the salad bar at texas de brazil is off the chain... fo realzie

OMG I love salad bars. :love: I am a champion salad maker. I made our salad at dinner tonight. Lettuce, fresh corn, tomatoes from my mom's garden, black beans, and homemade honey mustard dressing. So delicious.

Real life friends???

I must be suffering from OTC deficiency... cuz all this texasdebrazil meat has made me a lethargic fool.

How's school Cougs?
Pretty good....way too much info, but my classmates are AWESOME.

And I hate humans, so that is saying a lot. I should be out partying with them but I am just too tired. Maybe tomorrow.

Do you like it so far tho??? Everything you hoped for?
Yeah, actually....it is. I've been sick so I'm super behind as far as the studying goes, and tomorrow will start crunch time for me. But yeah....I actually really really love it. I love the conversations we have and what we are learning and how amazingly supportive all of the faculty are. They act like they haven't been teaching this same thing for 20 years; we are fresh and new to them and it is really great. I also love that (so far) no one has been competitive the way my last school was and everyone just wants to learn and help.

Yeah, actually....it is. I've been sick so I'm super behind as far as the studying goes, and tomorrow will start crunch time for me. But yeah....I actually really really love it. I love the conversations we have and what we are learning and how amazingly supportive all of the faculty are. They act like they haven't been teaching this same thing for 20 years; we are fresh and new to them and it is really great. I also love that (so far) no one has been competitive the way my last school was and everyone just wants to learn and help.

I hope that stays the same as well. Competition is stupid. We're all in this together. That sounds seriously awesome. I'm happy for you. Say a prayer for me if you do that sort of thing... :xf: I'm nervous.

I hope that stays the same as well. Competition is stupid. We're all in this together. That sounds seriously awesome. I'm happy for you. Say a prayer for me if you do that sort of thing... :xf: I'm nervous.

I really hope I end up at a very cooperative school...

Two things I learned during the application process:

1 - You will know which school you like best when you see it. I think this is almost universally true. I turned down a top 20 research school for my school, because this is the place I'm supposed to be at.

2 - this process is WORTH doing again. I would have applied again...and again if I had to. And if you get halfway through the cycle (January) and think it is not happening, and you bust your ass to make your application better, I think you have a good chance. In my class there are at least 2 people who applied 3 times. Dreams can come true:)

It is ok to be nervous, but I can tell you have put a lot of effort into getting this far. I think it is all going to be ok.

Holy crap, I don't even know how to start catching up on what I missed in the past two days :eek:

When does snow start falling in the east coast? Philly in particular?

I need to schedule my interview before that happens (but I am waiting for 2 other schools for a decision...)

:(

It is true...we made the fatal mistake of becoming real-life friends, and our thread got sad.

What's shakin', '16?

I've been trying to manage a vegas meetup with everyone (on the fb group that is) and noone think its serious. I could definitely see myself becoming real life friends with these people, it just takes the first step, drinking together, to do so.

1 - You will know which school you like best when you see it. I think this is almost universally true. I turned down a top 20 research school for my school, because this is the place I'm supposed to be at.

2 - this process is WORTH doing again. I would have applied again...and again if I had to. And if you get halfway through the cycle (January) and think it is not happening, and you bust your ass to make your application better, I think you have a good chance. In my class there are at least 2 people who applied 3 times. Dreams can come true:)

It is ok to be nervous, but I can tell you have put a lot of effort into getting this far. I think it is all going to be ok.

Hey Cougs... you rock :biglove:

"Follow your dreams. You can reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake...BEEFCAAAAAAAKE!"