Class of 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smsc2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Goodluck to everyone!
Post here if you plan to be apart of the Class of 2018!

I wonder if I will beable to bump this when the time actually comes. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Uhh... no. Just.. no.

I ran through the math and you'd be like 14/15. I'm gonna say "wait your turn".

Uhh... no. Just.. no.

I ran through the math and you'd be like 14/15. I'm gonna say "wait your turn".
Actually I recently turned 17. Junior now. 4 years of undergraduate study, 4 years of medical studies and boom class of 2018.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I recently turned 17. Junior now. 4 years of undergraduate study, 4 years of medical studies and boom class of 2018.

Oops, based it off of my age instead of "normal" people. Still, a bit young. Get to college first!

Oops, based it off of my age instead of "normal" people. Still, a bit young. Get to college first!
Your 18 and going to medical school. Isn't ok if a 17 year old dreams of one day going to medical school? :laugh:

Your 18 and going to medical school. Isn't ok if a 17 year old dreams of one day going to medical school? :laugh:

It's fine to want to be a physician...

but to post this sort of thread trivializes the massive number of selection processes you're going to face in the years ahead. You'll have to get good grades in your pre-reqs and keep a high overall GPA, you'll have to nail the MCAT all the while keeping active in ECs that will impress an admissions committee, even then you can seemingly do everything right and still not get in on your first try, so pardon us if your enthusiasm comes of a bit naive.

Good Christ. Get off this forum before it completely distorts your thinking process.

It's fine to want to be a physician...

but to post this sort of thread trivializes the massive number of selection processes you're going to face in the years ahead. You'll have to get good grades in your pre-reqs and keep a high overall GPA, you'll have to nail the MCAT all the while keeping active in ECs that will impress an admissions committee, even then you can seemingly do everything right and still not get in on your first try, so pardon us if your enthusiasm comes of a bit naive.
If you read my previous posts you will see that I am not certain on a career path. I know I would like to do something in medicine/healthcare but do not know if I want to be a pharmacist, dentist, physician, etc. I am just not sure and I will be the first one to state this. I simply made this thread as a joke to give people a laugh but it appears it may have been taken a little too seriously. I know it takes a lot of hard work and determination to succeed in a medical career as I have some family members who are working as or are retired physicians.

haha leave the kid alone, i think this thread is great. i'm going to check it in 6 years...

So junior now ... class of 2009 high school ... assuming four years of undergrad means class of 2013 for college ... assuming not taking a year off means class of 2017 med school.

Evidently you are planning 5 years of college or taking a year off?
Taking a year off, after 4 years of undergraduate work a year off is something I have already planned reguardless of what career path I choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
The way my application year is going I'll probably be in the class of 2019 as well...:laugh:

The way my application year is going I'll probably be in the class of 2019 as well...:laugh:
I knew this kind of response would show up soon enough. :laugh:

Sometimes you have to look at yourself and laugh. :thumbup:

Is it me or is something off? The OP won't be graduating HS until 2010...aka uGrad c/o 2014, med school 2018?

um....what? I'm 25 and haven't had a math class in a few years but....

Is it me or is something off? The OP won't be graduating HS until 2010...aka uGrad c/o 2014, med school 2018?

um....what? I'm 25 and haven't had a math class in a few years but....
Taking a year off, after 4 years of undergraduate work a year off is something I have already planned reguardless of what career path I choose.
Don't worry, it confused me too!

Looks like somebody switched to big boy pants a little too soon.

I love this thread.