Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anymore room aboard the II train?

tumblr_mssw367A7u1qlv86ko1_250.gif
Alright @Copernicium !! Congrats on your 1st interview!!!
brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Members don't see this ad.

YESSSSSSSSS @Copernicium! :D Nothing better than the first II! Now you can rest easy today and celebrate the good news. Glad this week has been bringing in II #1 for a lot of people.

Also: is it just me or has everyone been getting a lot of junk mail this week? Got two teaser e-mails from UMich and a bunch of DO/podiatry/Carib advertisements this morning. :grumpy: Don't they know we're all neurotically glued to our inbox for IIs? Not cool, man. Not cool.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
YESSSSSSSSS @Copernicium! :D Nothing better than the first II! Now you can rest easy today and celebrate the good news. Glad this week has been bringing in II #1 for a lot of people.

Also: is it just me or has everyone been getting a lot of junk mail this week? Got two teaser e-mails from UMich and a bunch of DO/podiatry/Carib advertisements this morning. :grumpy: Don't they know we're all neurotically glued to our inbox for IIs? Not cool, man. Not cool.
Creighton sent out a super troll email yesterday. "Creighton University School of Medicine--MD/PhD Application Invitation" was the subject line.

Effffff that. lol

Reactions: 2 users
Man I kind of wish I would have joined in this thread earlier to get in on that sweet @hellanutella art piece. Saw you on the UCI thread, good luck with the interview!

This wait is killing me. I refresh my email 100+ times a day. I'm feeling the positive vibes in this thread though.

Last edited:
Man I kind of wish I would have joined in this thread earlier to get in on that sweet @hellanutella art piece. Saw you on the UCI thread, good luck with the interview!

This wait is killing me. I refresh my email 100+ times a day. I'm feeling the positive vibes in this thread though.

Thank you (I'm so unprepared for that interview it's almost hilarious)! Best of luck with your apps!

There's always room in the 2019 thread!

smiley-happy080.gif
Go @hellanutella !!!!!!!!!
smiley-happy080.gif
Cornell!!!!!!!!!!

I called it!!!!

You're so close to getting that bag of Oreos. :D Thank you, thank you! Hope you get a Cornell II to round out your NYC trifecta.

MILLIONS OF CONGRATS TO @hellanutella FOR CORNELL II!!!! I'm so so so so excited for you!!!!! :)

AHHHH you guys are amazing. Really rooting for y'all... there's got to me more action just around the bend. It's hilarious how much this process plays with your emotions.

Just opened a fortune cookie and it said "Nothing can keep you from reaching your goals. Do it!" Sending good vibes to all of you before I head to my overnight shift!

Reactions: 4 users
So...... I'm terrible at drawing and I have a really crappy stylus, but I downloaded that Paper app cause it looked fun, and thought I would make a drawing for the lovely @hellanutella since she makes great stuff for us. So please don't laugh at my pitiful drawing skills! Also I didn't have brown, so I just pretended like red plus yellow makes brown hahaha

bg4scp.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love this new influx of drawings! @sunflower18 I love the paper app! The water color option really makes it look like you can draw when you can't.

oD73nVE.jpg

Looks so fun! Is this an app for iPad?

Yeah! It's free and comes with a pen and eraser, but you have to buy colour mixers, watercolor tool, pencil, marker, etc. I haven't bought those other things yet but I probably will before too long. It's fun!! Something to do on the plane, too :)

Reactions: 1 user
So...... I'm terrible at drawing and I have a really crappy stylus, but I downloaded that Paper app cause it looked fun, and thought I would make a drawing for the lovely @hellanutella since she makes great stuff for us. So please don't laugh at my pitiful drawing skills! Also I didn't have brown, so I just pretended like red plus yellow makes brown hahaha

bg4scp.jpg

Oh my god this is the sweetest thing ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you :love: Omg. Look at me. I'm so beautiful and calorie-filled. You really did my portrait justice.

Your colour mixing skills are awesome! (I got some of the add ons, because I use this app too much). I'm a visual learner, so I used this app a lot for drawing diagrams and pathways for class. It helped out a lot for anatomy, though my pictures definitely aren't masterpieces haha... I even use it at work to draft up instrument designs/experiment setups. I have Photoshop and a graphics tablet, but it's nowhere near as transportable as an iPad.

Oh my god this is the sweetest thing ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you :love: Omg. Look at me. I'm so beautiful and calorie-filled. You really did my portrait justice.

Your colour mixing skills are awesome! (I got some of the add ons, because I use this app too much). I'm a visual learner, so I used this app a lot for drawing diagrams and pathways for class. It helped out a lot for anatomy, though my pictures definitely aren't masterpieces haha... I even use it at work to draft up instrument designs/experiment setups. I have Photoshop and a graphics tablet, but it's nowhere near as transportable as an iPad.

You're so welcome!!! :) I just caved and bought the add-ons because this looks like more fun than lying in bed and watching Jeopardy hahaha which is what I would be doing with my time if I wasn't drawing! I'm really visual too, so I definitely want to use this for my classes next semester. Thanks for the recommendation!! :)

Okay.... I did another one to test out my new tools hehe. This is way too fun!!! @NoLimits, this one is dedicated to you ;)

2gw8dpx.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
:banana:Just showing some love to @Person0715 for the nabbing an interview from Stanford!!!:banana:

Reactions: 5 users
TGIT!!! Because I'm taking tomorrow off~ :p

Anyways, this got put up a month or two ago and it always bugs me:
Z7kcrl0l.jpg

Why 189?! Can't they just put 190 to even it out ..............I really want to change it.

Reactions: 3 users

Z7kcrl0l.jpg

Why 189?! Can't they just put 190 to even it out ..............I really want to change it.

...what does this sign even mean...
climb 189 feet to get your teeth done?

Popular Clients include: Spiderman, various rich people who own Jetpacks, paratroopers/skydivers, and people who own magical flying carpets

Z7kcrl0l.jpg

Break through this wall to find 1 tooth, dental clinics, and 189 feet?

:laugh:

It points down the halfway so the dental clinic is 189 ft away ...

I just don't like the 189 ... Why it gotta be so exact? haha

Z7kcrl0l.jpg

Add a decimal place...

Yeah! It's free and comes with a pen and eraser, but you have to buy colour mixers, watercolor tool, pencil, marker, etc. I haven't bought those other things yet but I probably will before too long. It's fun!! Something to do on the plane, too :)
Is there one for android?

Oh yes, I'm sure. I'll go looking for some :)

Share your masterpieces with us! :) also, just want to say congrats on your amazing cycle so far. I haven't kept track of all your IIs, but I've seen you get a lot from some seriously great schools. That's fantastic.

And congrats to Person on Stanford!!!!!! Huge deal!!!!! :)

Nothing for me today. There's always tomorrow.... It's only a day awaaaaay

Posted using SDN Mobile

Share your masterpieces with us! :) also, just want to say congrats on your amazing cycle so far. I haven't kept track of all your IIs, but I've seen you get a lot from some seriously great schools. That's fantastic.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Thanks! Congrats on all your success so far as well. I should probably create a MDApps at some point, to keep up with things, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how this cycle is going to say the least.

That being said, I tend to get nervous at interviews, so I imagine this is the peak of my cycle!

Thanks! Congrats on all your success so far as well. I should probably create a MDApps at some point, to keep up with things, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how this cycle is going to say the least.

That being said, I tend to get nervous at interviews, so I imagine this is the peak of my cycle!

Penguin, you are invincible! Congrats on your recent success... it must feel great to have all your work begin to pay off. With the amazing schools you have IIs at – even with the most shaky interview skills – you are bound to get at least one acceptance (and to awesome places at that).

In my experience, the people who claim they aren't the best at interviews are often the ones who most seriously underestimate their own skills. ;) Pretty sure you're going to do swimmingly!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Sunflower, this must be your longest II dry spell... which likely means you have some more on their way. :xf: Sometimes you get a huge burst of IIs and other times you have to wait. Either way, it seems things work out in the end. The IIs will come. However, I don't think any of us like the waiting.

Congrats on Cornell @hellanutella!! They will love you!

Thank you! You're on fire, Person! Looks like you're making up for that short II lag in the beginning of the cycle. Hope you enjoy Palo Alto! At least from the photos I've seen, Stanford arguably has the prettiest med school.

Penguin, you are invincible! Congrats on your recent success... it must feel great to have all your work begin to pay off. With the amazing schools you have IIs at – even with the most shaky interview skills – you are bound to get at least one acceptance (and to awesome places at that).

In my experience, the people who claim they aren't the best at interviews are often the ones who most seriously underestimate their own skills. ;) Pretty sure you're going to do swimmingly!

Sunflower, this must be your longest II dry spell... which likely means you have some more on their way. :xf: Sometimes you get a huge burst of IIs and other times you have to wait. Either way, it seems things work out in the end. The IIs will come. However, I don't think any of us like the waiting.

Thank you! You're on fire, Person! Looks like you're making up for that short II lag in the beginning of the cycle. Hope you enjoy Palo Alto! At least from the photos I've seen, Stanford arguably has the prettiest med school.

You are too kind :)

Z7kcrl0l.jpg

Maybe they only had 27ft of measuring tape?

Man you guys change your avatars way more frequently recently...

There is a whole penguin thing in the Duke thread hahah. A bunch of people with penguin avatars got IIs, so other people changed too in hopes of getting an invite. Superstition FTW!

Maybe I should find a Disgusted Penguin avatar .... even though I didn't apply to Duke. lol

Public congratulations to @NoLimits for Sinai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited: :) :D that's so amazing and impressive and they're gonna love you. You are gonna have your pick of NY schools, my friend.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Public congratulations to @NoLimits for Sinai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited: :) :D that's so amazing and impressive and they're gonna love you. You are gonna have your pick of NY schools, my friend.

Posted using SDN Mobile
You're the best, thank you!! :)

Got to shout out @hellanutella for getting some love from Sinai as well!!