Class option (undergrad)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSUfutureDDS

Future Nova Dentalstudent
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I have been getting various classes out of the way and have until now, neglected to take anatomy and physiology.

At my university, they offer both classes as separates, and then one class that is "physiology AND anatomy" combined.

Obviously I can see the pros and the sense in taking them separately (more credits, more whatever)
And I can also see why taking the one combined class is a decent option as well.

A little background:
I delayed taking some of my science requirements my freshman year, so the combined physiology and anatomy would be a time saver (and possibly a money saver, but not by much and I'm not really concerned with the extra $$$ for an extra class anyhow.)

I'd like to hear your suggestions on what you think you'd do/is the better class option.

Thanks guys.;)

Members don't see this ad.

Typically the A&P class is a watered down way to go. You will not learn 1/4 of the stuff you would taking the classes seprately. If you don't have time, go for the A&P, but if you do have time it would really be beneficial to take them seperately and learn as much as possible for dschool.

Thank you Corolla, that was basically what I was wondering about.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd so go for the A&P together all the way. Be thankful that you can get into that so easy. My school lets only a couple into it a semester that arent nursing students. UBC doesnt require A&P tho. It seems everyone is talking about A&P. It sure is useful since you will be studying a lot of anatomy, but thats a dental hygiene course :O intro bio and bio chem and stuff is required. least thats what i understood.

i took A & P as one class and it's true that because of the massive amount of info that you don't get to focus on anything in incredible detail, but if you aren't pressed for time er whatever then it couldn't hurt to take the separate classes.
FWIW, i opted for A&P, then took a comparative vertebrate anatomy course the next year, and am currently in a head & neck anatomy course. i love it. it's been nice to take these classes over the course of 3 years as i have an opportunity to refresh and re-memorize certain redundant materials.