Class schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nhitb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I was wondering if someone could help me with this. I spoke to my advisor and she said that it's required to take physiology to apply, but that is one of the hardest classes offered next semester and I am already taking physics, microbio,and some other science and social science classes then. I don't want to take such a heavy load so I told her i have already taken Bio 1 and 2 and i also took human anatomy and phys 1. Then when i went to her again she said i could apply with my classes but that physiology is highly recommended to take but i don't want to risk my gpa just for this class. So do i need to take that class? and next semester is the only time i can take it before i apply. Thanks.

#1) advisers (most of them at least) are on crack.

#2) Your semester is already loaded with 3 sciences + 1 social science.... I would stay away from physiology at this point.....

#3) I assume your are applying in summer of 2011 right? Okay, you can take it in Fall of 2011 (while you are waiting for interviews or flying to them) OR.... take it in the spring of 2012.....

thank u for ur reply, yes i will be applying summer of 2011, but she made it seem like it was a required course... i won't be able to take the class until the summer after my senior year since my senior yr i will be taking classes for my major at a different part of the school... so i have no idea if this class is really needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre reqs are all explicitly stated by each school. In my experience most schools don't require physio and I agree that a lot of advisors are not very knowledgeable.

There are a handful of classes that ALL schools require. Physiology is not one of them. Look up each school individually since they all want different things.

thank u for ur reply, yes i will be applying summer of 2011, but she made it seem like it was a required course... i won't be able to take the class until the summer after my senior year since my senior yr i will be taking classes for my major at a different part of the school... so i have no idea if this class is really needed.

also, ask her how many times she has applied to dental schools.... or better yet, ask her how many times has she actually visited dental school's websites and read the PRE-REQ list. Or make it better for both of you, ignore everything she tells you and just come here, the best source of knowledge is SDN for a pre-dental / pre-healthcare student

Majority of dental schools DO NOT have physiology as a pre-reqs (they recommend you take it tho). EVEN in the rare case that a school will require physiology (university of Michigan is an example), you can STILL apply without taking it and simply letting them know that you will be taking the class in the 1-year gab.

also, ask her how many times she has applied to dental schools.... or better yet, ask her how many times has she actually visited dental school's websites and read the PRE-REQ list. Or make it better for both of you, ignore everything she tells you and just come here, the best source of knowledge is SDN for a pre-dental / pre-healthcare student

Majority of dental schools DO NOT have physiology as a pre-reqs (they recommend you take it tho). EVEN in the rare case that a school will require physiology (university of Michigan is an example), you can STILL apply without taking it and simply letting them know that you will be taking the class in the 1-year gab.

'nuff said